Do you use an iPhone Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -BigMac-, Jun 28, 2013.

1. -BigMac- macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

Hi guys.

I have an iPhone 5 which has been in a case since day 1.

As i took the case off, to clean it this afternoon, i noticed how much more beautiful and bigger the screen looks, also the phone feels so much thinner and even lighter.

My dillema is now this. Resale value. Come 5s in a few months, do i take the case off now and enjoy the phone more or do i leave it on for better resale. Gah.

Anyway i want to hear from you all, whether you use a case or not, and whether resale value has had any part in your decision making.

2. MistahMumford, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013

MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

Do you use an iPhone Case?

I use an Incipio Feather in black on my white 5. Partly for resale value but I think I'll hold onto it til upgrade time in 2014 and partly just for the added grip though I do like the phone naked. I don't really feel I NEED a case though as I've always been VERY careful with my devices!

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Always use a case on my phones. I have iPhone 5 with Spigen Linear Blitz case and Glas tr screen protector. Also have iPhone 3GS with Otterbox Defender case. I do not worry about anything but a broken screen. If phone gets scratched, so what?

I always donate my phones when I am done with them. The women's shelters I give them to do not care about scratches, only that they work. If I resold them I think I might be a little more protective with them. Even though I am still pretty careful. Does not take much to break a screen.

4. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 5 has never been in a case. I don't even bother with cases or screen protectors anymore. I always end up taking them off and not using them. I've never dropped any of my iOS devices, and my phone has no scratches or scuffs. I plan on selling it when the iPhone 6 comes out.

If you can't take good care of your stuff, then keep the case on. It's only a few months away.

5. DarkoDonnie macrumors member

DarkoDonnie

i wish i could go case-less. I use the case-wallets, so all my wallets stuff is in one place w/ the phone (calms OSD of checking all the time).

I think they're so much better case-less, espically if you have a desktop stand (like milo) any ware and tare just adds character.

6. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

Otterbox "Tank" Defender. I love taking my phone out of the case for a little cleaning, the open spaces around the camera and top speaker/front camera can get a little cruddy.

7. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

No case for me.... You will just have to be careful

8. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

The only reason I use a case is for this. It's extremely handy having my wallet and cell phone be made together. Also nice not having a thick wallet in my back pocket under my behind when I sit.
    [​IMG]

9. GusHerb macrumors member

I've always kept a case on mine, but reluctantly. I hate cases but I know myself and no matter how careful I am my phone will likely get dropped a couple times while I have it. I usually go for the skimpy/thinner ones, even those have protected me completely from some nasty drops.

10. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

i use spigen neo hybrid ex vivid and a clear screenn protector

11. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

That's the great thing though. They DO work great. I always get a kick out of people with huge warhead proof cases. Unless you work in construction or in some capacity around heavy machinery, a basic slim case is more than sufficient.

12. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

yes

Otterbox Commuter. Glad I have it. I rarely drop my phone but I always have a case for them. I killed so many iPods, I knew I didn't want to do the same once I got a phone.

13. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Wonder why one cannot enjoy the iphone with a case as without ? That is the question....:confused:

14. GusHerb macrumors member

Usually because most cases out there do away with the phones original appeal, such as slimness and great ergonomics. I'm burning through them like crazy to find one that A: feels great to handle and B: gets along with the ghost armor back and sides kit I just put on.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use an Apple bumper on my 4S and my wife uses a Speck Candyshell on her 5.

16. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

even with the thinnest cover I felt bad with my iP5. I bought a saturn by spigen, but after 2 weeks of use I left it on the shelf... the feeling without cover is completely different, even if the one I chose had back aluminum insert!

17. Warcake macrumors regular

nope, no case on mine, not even a screen protector. ive found that i have never dropped my phone while it was naked, due to the fact that i am able to lock my middle and ring fingers across the side of the phone. just dont go holding your phone like you would a sheet of paper, and youll be fine.

protip: use a case when going out drinking :p

18. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

19. cynics macrumors G4

I use a Lifeproof case. My lifestyle is way to active to ever consider not using a case. When you're backpacking and its pouring rain and your hands are covered in grime and you need to use your phone there is no amount of "just being careful" that can protect it.

20. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

No case for me. They seem to get dust and grime inside and on the edges anyway. I had a hard case scratch the edges if the screen on my iPhone 4. Plus, it doesn't really bother me if it has little nicks and scratches as long as the screen is ok.

21. Brad02 macrumors regular

I do. Spigen Slim Armor and Spigen Glas.TR screen protector on my iP5.

22. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

I use a Mophie most of the time for the spare battery life. When I don't I use a simple 3rd party bumper since Apple stopped making them after the 4s. Does the trick for setting it down on a surface naked.

23. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

That is definitely something that I've noticed and it keeps me swapping between using a snap on the back case and being "naked". I do have a screen protector on and media devil rear protection.

24. JeffNT326, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013

JeffNT326 macrumors member

JeffNT326

After my last iphone kept getting scuffed on the chamfered edges, I decided to purchase a case for it. Because I prefer the naked feel of the iPhone, I went looking for the thinnest possible case that could still provide good protection. This lead me to the Caudabe Veil case. It's super thin and lightweight that still provides an edge to edge swiping experience; something I hate about most other cases that have raised edges.

http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-5-accessories/products/the-veil-wisp