Do you use the default weather app or something else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Jun 3, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I have tried numerous other apps, but despite many advantages and added features of other apps, the quickness to load and lack of clutter in the default app trumps all of them. I really only want the hourly and daily weather, and I open it up and it's right there.

The Weather Channel app, which is probably the best one I've downloaded, takes too long to load and is a bit of a chore to look at. There are too many details and it takes too long to load when I want a quick answer to my weather questions.

The only thing I wish the default app did differently was include an extended hourly forecast (it only includes the present day) and humidity index.

2. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Is there an app that offers these things but loads more quickly?

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Yes.

Since iOS5 with built in hour by hour... I only load TWC app on the rare occasion for maps.

Built in app pulls from Yahoo, who pulls from TWC, so same data anyway.

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

5. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

I use the weather app for quick glances of current conditions or upcoming forecasts, but for more detailed information, I use Weatherbug. There's a weatherbug station 50 feet from my house, so I like getting up-to-date prec. totals, radar, etc from there.

I just wish the default app included precipitation percents in it's forecast (I know it's in the hourly, but itd be nice on the daily too).

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I use Weather Bug now since I have recently developed serious doubts of the accuracy of the hourly forecasts of the built-in app. It doesn't seem to update properly at all.

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I also use Weather Bug and find it to be more accurate than the built in weather app. And it loads pretty fast.

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the odd thing is that TWC's app and site give different readings than the built in app, which i find to be off more often than not.

i use TWC's own app, or Fahrenheit since it displays the temp as a badge icon.

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Fahrenheit (with temperature on the badge) for the day to day stuff like what temp is it and what's tomorrow supposed to be like. Weather Bug Elite for maps. I've tried eWeather HD and another "pretty" one and they were all just too much.

10. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Quite like weather underground as you can select individual weather stations

11. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar

12. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

Right now I'm using eWeather HD (love the forecast clock!), RadarScope, The Weather Channel, and RadarUS. All of them are in the top row of my home screen, and all of them are my go-to apps for a complete weather picture every morning. All except The Weather Channel are paid apps. I do not mind paying top dollar for quality apps.

13. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

+1 for Fahrenheit

14. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

15. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Weather Bug for daily weather and MyCast when I need good maps.

16. chokem macrumors 6502

I use severa. The Weather Channel, Weatherbug, Radarscope, and My Radar.

17. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

18. ogs123 macrumors member

AccuWeather, The Weather Channel, and WeatherUnderground

19. Shrink, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

A number of people have recommended WeatherBug. I've tried to down load it several times, and I keep getting an Error Page.

Could someone be kind enough to give me a link that they used, since I can't seem to get it to down load when I go to their Mac download page.

Thanks...:D

EDIT: Sorry, I screwed up (nothing new there!). I was looking fore Weather Bug for MBP, not iPhone.

Sorry...:eek:

20. JAT macrumors 603

21. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I use The Weather Channel app. Although I live in San Diego and the weather here never changes or is just plain non-existent.

22. imswimmin macrumors regular

Another +1 for Fahrenheit. :)