Do you want Apple to keep selling iPhone 1st gen. after iPhone 3G is released?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisWilder07, Jun 20, 2008.

?

Do you want Apple to keep selling iPhone 1st gen. after iPhone 3G is released?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2008.
  1. YES!!!

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. I guess

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. No

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
  1. ChrisWilder07 macrumors regular

Hey....i'm gonna give you guys a little poll to experiment with for a couple of weeks... so feel free to VOTE

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

They'll have to continue producing at least refurbs, due to the number of v1 iPhone owners that have purchased AppleCare.

3. ChrisWilder07 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just saying that when i'm outside of the house i don't think aboutt using the internet.... if i had the old iphone i could wait 20 extra seconds

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I didn't either... until I bought an iPhone. 3G is worth it.

5. ChrisWilder07 thread starter macrumors regular

Good Point...thnx man

6. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Yeah, I'm just relating my personal experience. Before the release of the iPhone, I had no desire to have an "Internet phone." I'd never done anything other than make a phone call or text on a cell phone, and I didn't even start texting until about 2 years before that.

I sold my iPhone 12 days ago in anticipation of the new iPhone, and have been using my old Moto Razr. I can't tell you the number of times I have mindlessly reached for my pocket wanting to check my email, or check the Yankees score, or try and quickly settle a debate while I've been out and about. The "Bet" iPhone commercial really does a good job of summarizing how useful the iPhone can be. Going back to a "regular" cell phone after using an iPhone is excruciating.

7. esvienne macrumors member

I agree. I sold mine last week and was using some old clamshell samsung they give free with ATT. I stupidly sold my blackjack when I go the iphone thinking I wouldn't need it. I did, however, just find the charger to my slvr, so the pain isn't as bad I guess... but still quite painful.

8. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Never a truer word spoken!

9. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Can't STAND using this RAZR and sidekick slide. I was so used to checking my email, going on the internet, checking the weather. The sidekick loses service often and my RAZR is just....

So yeah can't wait for July 13th (I'll be on vacation 'til the 13th so I have to wait 2 extra days, hopefully the lines are short and there is less confusion.