Do you want next iphone will have a same design like 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4s16gb, Nov 24, 2011.

?

Do you want next iphone have same design like 4s

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. New Design

35 vote(s)
    54.7%
  4. Doesn't Matter

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

how many people in here want apple keep a same design for next iphone 2012,2013,2014 just improve feature and hardware ....

i like current one , best design ever ......

2. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

I want an updated design, mostly with a slightly larger screen.

3. stevemiller macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Unless you can see the future I can't see why youd want to stop potential innovation.

4. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I think the actual design of the current iPhone 4/4S is the best design on the market. I want the same design but a 4 inch screen.

5. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I feel the same way. I suppose an aluminum back would be okay but I do like the all glass design.

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

The only draw back of an aluminum back is that it will have the black plastic strip which is really ugly.

7. chembox macrumors 6502a

That won't be necessary when the antenna is placed on the outside borders like the iPhone 4/4S.

8. urkel macrumors 68030

I highly doubt anyone who wants the same design will feel the same way when Apple changes it.

Personally, I love the current look but I see room for lots of improvement. But more importantly, I trust Apple enough to know they wont be stagnant while everyone else advances.

9. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I guess it depends on what Jony Ive has up his sleeve. Hopefully something very special. Right now the iPhone design is unlike anything else and I hope they can replicate that in something new :)

10. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

To Be Honest

I just want the battery issues sorted out.....I now carry my 4S AND my 4 with me. It really isn't good enough, phones from the 80's had better stamina than the 4S has at present.

I nearly sold my 4 to a buddy, but I'm glad I still have it.

11. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

wow , alot people go for new design in here, i like a current one but if apple could make better design next year that is great ......

12. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I want the EXACT form factor. I believe there's another room to squeeze a larger screen size. I wouldn't want a larger screen size if it meant a larger form factor.

13. vaugha macrumors regular

Yep, same. I'd want the same design, glass front and back, and thinner and larger screen. :)

14. TuiSong macrumors regular

While I love new innovations, I get really annoyed at the constantly changing shapes of iPods and phones etc. Apple keep on going on about their eco credentials and how their designs use less power, are smaller, utilize better glass and materials etc. But if they're going to keep changing the shape of their devices each time they up the tech inside it, then it just forces us to chuck out all the cases and other third party extras that we've bought along the way. I know apple is all about the lets go naked side of it, but really? would it kill to keep a design current to prevent massive waste as manufacturers dump their obsolete stock and create new cases to fit the new version.

15. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Huh? They kept the same basic design for 3 years, and are on the second iteration of the only real design change...and who know's if they'll keep it going for a 3rd.

As I've beaten to death, I really hate the iPhone 4/4S shape. It's a brick. Looks nice, but its ergonomics are awful. I'd like a slightly larger phone overall, with obviously a larger screen. I hate that they waste ~30% of the face of the phone with the bezel. Without removing or resizing the home button, can't really do much with the bottom bezel, but there's no reason for all of the wasted space up top. Well, there is a reason, symmetry. But I'd rather have a larger, 16:9 screen than worry about having the same height bezel on top and bottom of the screen. And, did I mention, less boxy?