Do your headphones go in at a angle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acorntoy, Oct 2, 2012.

1. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

So I think im going to the Apple Store tomorrow because today I'm finally fed up with the quality of this phone.

First day: take my phone, peel plastic of it. Immediately see 3 scratches on screen.

That night listen to music, plug in headphones and notice that they go in at a angle and not directly into the phone.

Think "if I get a replacement it'll probably be worse than this"

Today: I notice that there are some particles under the cameras glass cover, decided this was unacceptable.

So what I'm wondering before i go to the store is if the headphone thing is my iphone 5 or just a general thing. Can you plug some earphones into the jack and see if it sits flush with the phone or if they go into the phone at a angle?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Does the dust even effect the photos the unit takes? In a way you can see?

As for the headphones, I've always thought my apple devices had the slightest bit of an angle to them, don't know if its an illusion though....

3. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

My headphone jack is very lightly off perpendicular, but they sound fine. Certainly not worth returning over.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

One of my iPhone 4 replacement units was like this (6 months ago), went back the next day and got it swapped and all was good.

5. acorntoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

No but they weren't in the camera the first day I got it, I'm worried if it loose and stuff is getting into it it could be a big problem in the future.

+ the angle is extremely noticeable when earphones are plugged in, even one of my friends commented on it.

----------

Like I said its the combination of all of these things that finally have me snap.

----------

Thanks for your input, I dread going to the Genius Bar so I want to make sure it's not actually something on all devices.

6. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Mine angles very, very slightly inwards.

Most devices do this though. At least, I've seen it happen a lot.