Dock crashes when using invoking it on other screen

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by AnonMac50, May 30, 2018.

1. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

Hi, I have an iMac Pro connected to an external monitor (an Apple Cinema HD Display 23" for those interested). It was all working perfectly fine until yesterday. When I take the mouse to the bottom of the screen on one of the screens to invoke the dock the whole dock crashes. That makes it unclickable on the other screen, and I can't change space or CMD-Tab to switch apps (also no mission control or Dashboard or Launchpad). The only way to fix it is to kill the dock using Terminal. A few seconds later dock closes and restarts and all is fine until I invoke the Dock again on the second screen (either deliberately or accidentally). I've tried reconnecting the monitor and changing the arrangement, but it's all still the same. Anyone experienced this before, and does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.

2. AnonMac50 thread starter macrumors 65816

One update to this issue, I just mirrored my computer to my Apple TV and the dock crashed and froze again (never happened before). It seems this happens every time I change which screen the dock should use.