Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I tried it. It works fine, but it seems kinda clunky... When you open an app, it shows up on top of it for a second and then disappears. I'd rather just use Launcher.app or Finder.app.

EDIT: I didn't see the link above until after I'd tried it. Hopefully in a future release, it will not show up over the open-app animation.

If it's possible to scroll side to side on one row, why can't it cover all 16 icons and scroll up and down?

linshiwen

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
I agree its a bit clunky, but its version 1.01! Hopefully future versions will improve, right?

I think Ill be using this on a permanent basis. My major complain is that it renamed all my apps made by iPhone Apper to "Embark" instead of "iChat" (beehive), "Pickleview" (MLB scorekeeper), "Facebook", and "Dictionary" So I have four "Embark" s in my dock.

Dont suppose you would know how to ... fix that? ;)

iPhoneGuy2007

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2007
Great beginning

Great concept, the implementation needs a little work, but overall, it's a good start. I'd love to see customization of the order of the apps and the ability to include/exclude native and third-party apps.

warning: not for the faint of heart, as the bar occasionally just appears on top of applications that are open.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Great concept, the implementation needs a little work, but overall, it's a good start. I'd love to see customization of the order of the apps and the ability to include/exclude native and third-party apps.

warning: not for the faint of heart, as the bar occasionally just appears on top of applications that are open.

you can change the order of all applications using the rSBT.app from installer, or its even easier using iFuntastic 3.0

akophone

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2007
you can change the order of all applications using the rSBT.app from installer, or its even easier using iFuntastic 3.0

Yes, but when using iFuntastic and Dock, all of the dummy "ifun" apps/pages appear and can't seem to make 'em go away! Even tried deleting them from the Applications but still shows up after updating phone. Any knowledge of a fix for this?

jasonnorm

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2007
Milford, MA
Would also be nice if the "dock" background was transparent for those of us w/ a backround on springboard. The current version has a black background which looks fine on the standard springboard black background but pretty crappy when there is a background.

Wow, how many times did I type background? (I did it again!! :eek:) :)

akophone

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2007
Well, I kinda like the scrolling version better. A lot cleaner and I think it had more of a class and cool factor. My opinion.

linshiwen

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
The new version is certainly slick and impressive (once you figure out to touch the corner and slide up to make it pop up) but I think the old scrolling bottom row implementation was more practical. I hope it comes back...

rckstwrz

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yeah, i agree. The scrolling version was a bit buggy, but totally worth it. Very cool. You would think this new update would be an altogether new app. Is there an official place to leave feedback?

.vin.

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
Err I'm scared that yellow corner is gonna screw up the pixels in that area.
Anybody else concerned, or am I just being paranoid?

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
Is anyone else getting the bottom of some programs cut off??

I get installer, blackjack and some others cut off after installing this??

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
the only reason i still have dock installed is because of the screen shot feature that puts it on my pictures folder... any other apps out there that can do that?? i know there was another way to take screen shots but i think it required the terminal on your mac right?

earthsick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
central nj
Uninstall it, and install Summerboard. :)

I use summerboard and it is way more practical and just seems like it "belongs" more than dock. But you have to admit, dock has much more of a "wow" factor. I have shown people summerboard and they do not understand what is great about it. But show them dock and there are oohs and ahhs a plenty.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
I reinstalled it an it fixed it.

I use summer board and Dock, I live everything. Plus Dock BLOWS people's minds!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.