Does 5c feel cheap? See video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

appl3ftw

This guy could've not explained it better... Skip to 12:24 for epicness.

2. cynics macrumors G3

He was say cheap as in cost. We all know it's not inexpensive.

Many here are saying cheap as in feel. And I agree with them. I was going to upgrade from my 4S to a 5C but after playing with it in the Apple store I just couldn't do it. If it was actually inexpensive I would have but it just felt like cheap hollow plastic with a high price tag.

I'm not saying it's not for everyone just not me. The color selection held me back too, but that's subjective.

3. Lammercy macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure I heard him say it feels really good in the hand/sleek throughout the video.

4. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

Make that 12:26, I had to listen an extra 2 seconds to find it... LOL :D

5. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

more proof of the amount of garbage material that roams the internet.

to anyone who wants to be spared the time this is what this brilliant critic on the video has to say:

"the iphone 5C doesn't feel cheap because apple never has and probably never will target the budget-conscious market. Apple doesn't make cheap phones and they never promised the 5C would be cheap. The C, stands for colour, not Cheap".

so there you have it folks, the 5C does not feel cheap because apple (and this guy) says it doesnt.

You are now safe to assume that any other existing or future model of any brand that also makes low-end phones will inevitably feel cheap.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Well this guy has had more than 171,705,628 views and around 1/3 million subscribers, so his thoughts are actually heard by many on the internet. He reviews many devices from all brands.

7. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

well i didn't create humans, so its not my fault.

and fyi, i don't particularly think the 5C feels "cheap". what i think is that different people will have different opinions based on their own experience and tastes.

but saying it doesn't feel cheap because "that is not what apple does" is just plain silly.