Does a case for an iPad1 make is easier to watch movies on?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Absolute-Zero, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Absolute-Zero macrumors newbie

I have an iPad1 and I use no case, but I keep hearing people say that it is easier to watch movies on it if you use one of those propping up cases. So basically who watches movies with a cased iPad and who does not? Which way do you prefer?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I have an iPad 2 with a Smart Case and I use it a lot to watch Video Podcast or TV Shows, its just more convenient to have it propped up instead of having to hold it in my hand or finding somewhere to angle it.

3. MuggleReviewer macrumors member

MuggleReviewer

Same here with iPad 2 and smart cover for watching movies.. But I found I liked to hold the iPad 1 more than use the apple case for it when I had it.

4. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

It's pretty much the only thing I use my case for. I generally prefer to use my iPad w/ out the case - i have one of these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q7KTF4

But for watching a movie or tv, it's nice to have it propped up, so I use the case.

5. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

I just ordered the Wedgepad.

http://wedgepad.com/

I also have the Kensington Folio Case which allows me to pick any angle for viewing. It has a leather "foot" that makes the case a bit bulky but that doesn't bother me.

6. mrboult macrumors 6502

mrboult

7. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

No, a case doesn't help. What would help would be a wider screen and support for more than .m4v, .mp4, and .mov files.

8. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Yea, yea, yea ...:rolleyes: