Does Amazon give all Kindle owners tons of free dictionaries?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by kylera, Dec 19, 2013.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

So I got a new Paperwhite this holiday season, and after registering it, I logged on Amazon's "manage my kindle" page. I was caught off guard at how there were many dictionaries of different languages, and I very much recall never buying any e-dictionaries for any platform. There were a bunch that appeared the day I registered the Kindle, and there were a bunch from September of this year.

Is this usual?

Add: just in case, I also did a credit card log check for September in case I was hacked into, and there was nothing logged on my usage pattern, meaning no one bought it under my name.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

No, that's typical. Amazon is also opening their Kindle Store to more countries. So yeah, you will have more and more access to more dictionaries overtime.

3. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

That's nice to know. Here's to hoping a Korean dictionary pops up, as long a shot as it may be.

Are these dictionaries re-accessible if you remove them from the Kindle library, or are they gone forever?

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Can you even remove them? See, I have too much in my library from all these years, I don't even know anymore. Heh.

You can buy standalone dictionaries from publishers too I think...