Does Any body know how to get ringtones onto a verizon phone on a mac?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crazyshroom, Nov 18, 2008.

1. crazyshroom macrumors newbie

Ever since i heard victory Fanfare im addicted to listening to it. I have the mp3 if any of you were wondering.

My phone model is SCH-u540

2. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

You can try sending the mp3 to your mobile by Bluetooth from your Mac. Click on the Bluetooth icon on the top menu bar --> Send file. The mobile, if bluetooth enabled, should come up while your Mac is searching for bluetooth devices. Click on the mobile, then choose the file you want to send. It will then transfer the file across to your mobile via Bluetooth.

3. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

^^ That will only work with some phones. I have a RAZR v3c and it won't work. I use XP to manage ringtones, but it first needs a connection established by the Motorola Software thingie.

4. crazyshroom thread starter macrumors newbie

I relized that my phone can only bluetooth name cards to adress book on my mac any other ideas

Attached Files:

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Switch from Verizon? Back when I was with Verizon they prevented people from using their own ringtones because they thought it competed with their ringtone music service.

Switch to T-mobile and even their crappy free phones allowed me to BT MP3s over.

6. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Verizon has great coverage in rural areas (at least within a few-hundred-mile-radius of where I live) but their phone interfaces and features are pretty bad. I had to do a seam edit on mine to enable bluetooth transfer.

I'm getting this close to switching to AT&T - even though an iPhone for me is the distant future. I'm really just getting tired of their restrictions and expense.

7. crazyshroom thread starter macrumors newbie

like what melrose said but im on my faimly plan and im only 13 i cant exactly swith cause i don't have that kind of money

btw my girlfriend once sent me a ringtone by adding it as a sound i think

do i need a cord