Does any one else think that their MBP has become sluggish after upgrading to Lion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmlred, Sep 1, 2011.

1. rmlred macrumors regular

I think mine has, just wondering about others. Found any thing to fix this issue?

If it matters I have about 22 GB of free space on my hard drive.

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. swedefish macrumors 6502

I thought the same after my Lion upgrade. Download Apples Lion Recover Utility and do a clean install, and once you have done the clean install, don't recover from Time Machine, but rather just drag and drop your old files and apps from an external HD.

3. treestar macrumors 6502

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Yes, unfortunately I have to say it got slow.
    Especially the boot up time. (got little better in 10.7.1)

Probably because of mission control with different windows.
    That must make it run slow.

I wish for further and better updates.

5. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Lion runs very well on my MacBook Pro. I find the system response to be the same or better then when I had Snow Leopard installed. I did a clean install, installed all applications from scratch and dragged over user files from my Time Machine backup.

6. RayK macrumors 6502

Mines a bit sluggish. I'll probably eventually install from scratch eventually. It's just sooo much work!

7. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

i get worse battery life, but it's still generally quick. takes a while to shut down tho.

8. msavwah macrumors 6502

Sluggish yes, and many bugs and graphical artifacts related to full-screen apps.
    I love it but it still needs work. Hoping they fix it soon because I love full-screen apps but have stopped using them for now because of the bugs I'm getting.

9. S7A2G6 macrumors member

S7A2G6

I bought it from the app store, and installed when it was done. Took about 32 mins from start to finish (I DLed over wifi)

Did the same on my wifes ugly white MacBook.

No issues, no jitters, no complaints.

10. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

I think Lion is very, very buggy. Apple should be ashamed of the quality of Lion. This reminds me of Vista when it was first released. Lion is a far cry from the stability and speed of SL.

Perhaps the cost of Lion inspired them to release a beta type product but that is unfair to their users. I -like many others- use my MBP for my job. I depend on my MBP for many tasks. Lion has many bugs that slows that ability down.

I find it impossible to believe that QA signed off on Lion without noticing any of the bugs that I have found from day-to-day usage. I think they became sloppy, resources went to iOS, and they felt they will fix problems with updates.

SL seemed much more snappy and responsive than Lion...perhaps I should say SL is more snappy and responsive than Lion.

Waiting to be modded down in 3...2...1

-P

11. mark28 macrumors 68000

Shutting down is very slow even when unchecking not to save anything. Something is wrong.

Waking from sleep is also incredibly slow.

These things were all instant on SL.

12. padapada macrumors regular

My bonus for upgrading to Lion seems to be the constant boot into safe mode...
    It shows a gray screen with progress bar. And it takes minutes to start up.

Ordered the Lion Thumb Drive in order to do a clean install.

I really think Apple messed things up :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Patrick