Does anybody have an Air 2 and a 5s? Looking to a colour match.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Talkingtoaster, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

I know the new iPhone 6 and 9.7 pro have a much lighter space grey.

I loved the original darker grey of the 5s and the iPad mini. They looked great together.

My question is, is the Air 2 the new lighter space grey or the darker one to match the 5S?

Yes I know its an anal question but I need thinks to match, part of my OCD. :eek:

2. Gabotrilius macrumors newbie

Its the lighter one. I know it certainly because I have the same OCD lol. I even sold my silver iPhone just to get the same one but Space Gray to match my iPad and Watch xD

3. Talkingtoaster thread starter macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

The AIR 2 is the same as the 6? it looks darker on pictures. I need to visit an apple store to investigate this. My plan was to use my old 5S and Air 2 when I travel. If the air 2 is lighter this will annoy me like crazy! lol Then again it would be in a keyboard case. 1st world problems huh?

Also the space grey watch, which I'm wearing in space grey, is darker than any space grey I have seen.

The iPad mini 2 is close to the watch. When I had the iPad mini 2 and 5s it was a great combination.

Oh lord my brain hurts, i think I need to get a life, this is tragic lol

4. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

Apple needs to double down on space gray consistency. Literally every device that they released with it has a different tone to it.

Whats worse is that the image they use on their site is basically the exact same since they first made space gray even though it looks a lot different now.

5. uwdude macrumors 6502a

Just call the lighter ones Space Silver, and the darker ones Space Gray, so we know which it is!

6. Gabotrilius macrumors newbie

My iPad Air 2 is exactly the same color as my iPhone 6s, that's what I mean. However, Apple Watch is way darker, I HATE that.