Does anybody know of any class actions suits against Sears?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 63dot, May 4, 2010.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

In these hard times, Sears (and companies they own like OSH) has understandably laid off many workers, but in some states, they have to give good reason or no reason at all.

But giving bad reason, especially laying off almost exclusively only highly paid full timers and managers seems to be brewing up into a lawsuit. This seems to be a little bit more than coincidence. If and when these workers are replaced, which isn't often, it's by newer workers at a lower rate and only part time.

This is similar to what happened over at AT&T many moons ago.

Any info on class actions? Thanks in advance.

2. 184550 Guest

3. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

EEOC v. Sears

One case in question involves person (full time/manager) with disability involving Americans with Disability Act. That's all I can say. PM me if you want more specifics but I can't name actual names as you can probably understand.

4. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

I have to put the "on the other hand" argument up, too. (I have no dog in this particular fight).

On the other hand
    , let's say you are Sears and let's say sales are down due to possible, alleged recession. Would it not be a defense to claim economic hardship? What about the majority of the layoffs where good reason or no reason, both legal in right to work states, were allegedly performed in a prudent manner? What if some of the people you laid off in an illegal manner also happened to be disabled? What if you didn't know some of the people in a class action suit were disabled? ETC...