Does anyone actually want the gold 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lienhart, Sep 12, 2013.

1. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I personally am torn between silver and gold... The gold actually doesn't look tacky and has a nice shade but it's been getting so much hate! Does anyone actually kind of like it other than me?

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

Who cares what others think , if you like it then get it

3. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

I'm also torn between silver and gold! Was convinced I was buying the white/silver before the keynote but the gold looks very cool. The only thing putting me off is the look of white and gold together, it's a bit sickly for me. Not sure I'd still love the gold a year down the line either when it comes to selling it

4. ewils19 macrumors 6502

I'm also stuck between silver and gold. I think I'll probably get gold if I can but I'd be just as happy with silver.

5. 19callum93 macrumors member

Same! I wanted white and silver but now don't no of to get gold! My only problem is I can't imagine any cases looking good on the good one and I always have to have a case on!

6. ewils19 macrumors 6502

I just ordered a White/Peacock Speck Candyshell case. I figure it will look good with either of the white phones.

7. SSonnentag macrumors member

I like the gold well enough, but I can't live with the white face plate. If it were black and gold I'd snap it up.

8. bdrake47 macrumors regular

I've been black/slate/space grey since day one, but I actually kind of like the shade.

Would have to see in person, if you're leaning that way, why not do the same? Check it out in your hand and if you still like it, go for it.

9. hbksabhi macrumors regular

all these people stuck between gold and silver will buy Gold when they see it in person ..
    from what ive read and seen

10. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Read the Anandtech initial review. Says the gold iPhone looks awesome in person, not cheesy/blingy, but a mature cool-looking phone.

11. dinapea macrumors member

dinapea

Gold...

I'm one cycle off and will wait for the 6. I will probably go with silver or chrome next year. When I saw the gold I thought of that Madonna grillz, a little punked out iphone. Althought I have the black now, its covered so to me it never really matters what color I get!

My point, everyone has their thing - personal choice!

grillz.jpg

12. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

Mods. I would say its appropriate to create a sub forum titled "People who can't make their own decision and need validation from other people who can't make decisions" for these types of threads. These threads are taking a toll on the home page.

13. CrimsonKnight macrumors 6502

CrimsonKnight

I want it.

When I first heard about the gold iPhone, I wasn't really interested. After seeing the Apple Keynote and official pictures on the site, I have to say I like the shade of gold they picked. I am pretty set on getting a gold iPhone right now. Like the White and gold mix.

I noticed in some other forums on different sites, some say people who will be getting the gold, are the rich people, or people who want to look rich...? I think this could not be more for from the truth. I honestly like it on preference, and not to impress anyone.

14. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

I think the gold looks cheesy/blingy and immature.

15. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

anandtech.com

16. AppleMrHan macrumors member

AppleMrHan

I'm buying, its going to match well with my gold teeth, gold chain, and gold rings. :D

17. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I love the gold. I was worried it was going to be a more tacky gold but I think they did a great job with it. It is a lot more understated than I first pictured in my head. I will definitely be getting a 32gb gold 5s as soon as I can.

18. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

May I ask, why did you even have to post this ? Each there own as to what they think of the color, but to go over board with a comment like this is un-believable

19. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

See I like the gold but I don't want to have a flashy gold iPhone, I'd rather have the space gray its nice and sleek.

20. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You better not get it...people will mock you and all your friends will abandon you. It extremely important never to do anything anyone else might not like. Certainly...don't think for yourself!:rolleyes:

OK...irony aside...get what you like, and don't worry about what others think.:D

21. mdcosta911 macrumors member

mdcosta911

22. phalseHUD macrumors regular

phalseHUD

I don't give a piss what people say but IMO no iPhone should be gold. It's a colour Apple should steer totally clear of. Oh, and brown, steer clear of brown because it's $h1t3.

23. blerns3 macrumors 6502

This, exactly this.

24. SluGuru macrumors regular

Lol, the problem here is the problem with reading comments on the internet and thinking there is some kind of consensus. You will always get an exponential degree of negative comments over true public opinion. The gold iPhone is the most popular 5s model, will be the more difficult to get, and will have the highest resale value. It's pretty easy for a few people be them trolls, paid by other companies, a small number of people who actually do not like the product, and most of all the uninformed who would rather stir up trouble than actually read and learn anything. It happens with anything new in tech and they are as a rule always wrong.