Does anyone else change Watch faces according to time of day or where theya are at?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Applenoob34, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Applenoob34 macrumors 6502

I have 3 Watch faces, all modular, that I switch between depending on what I’m doing or where I’m at. For instance, if I’m home, I have a modular face that has smart home complications. If I’m at work, I have a modular face that pertains more to work functions, etc.

It would be nice to have a feature that changes the Watch face according to time of day OR geofencing. It’s not a big deal to change the face manually, but it would be nice for them to be automated to your schedule.

Maybe I’m just being lazy but I think it would be cool to have a feature like this. Anyone else change faces multiple times a day or just for special occasions?

2. CrunchTheApple78 macrumors newbie

Change mine depending on activity. Have a specific one for the gym with activity, workouts and music as complications.

3. KrisLord macrumors 65832

I’ve 2 main faces. A modular one that includes my outlook calendar which I tend to leave on Monday-Friday and then a simple watch face that I use at weekends and has very little on it. (Battery, activity and date)

4. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I have a few that I switch between.

Mostly it's the Explorer face, but that doesn't have TimeTravel (why??) and it only has 3 complications (Date, Battery, Next Meeting). So I occasionally switch to a modular face (date, next meeting, temperature, activity, battery), but then I prefer the analogue time so I have a Utility face too (Activity, Battery, date, next meeting))

5. Applenoob34 thread starter macrumors 6502

wouldn't it be cool to have geofencing so when you pull into the gym lot your watch face changes automatically?

wouldn't it be cool to set a schedule to have your watch face change on friday evening sometime after work automatically, then back again on monday morning?

6. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

I’ve been using the Siri face as my default face for Reminders and Calendar events, but I occasionally switch to a Modular face with Carrot as the large complication if I need a quick weather forecast.
    I’d certainly like to see the Siri face become more dynamic, based on location or time of day.

7. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

I have a couple of faces for work - second hand, alarms, timer, etc. A couple of faces for outside of work. And a dedicated apple watch I wear to bed for sleep tracking.

8. KrisLord macrumors 65832

My company switched from supporting email via the iOS app to the outlook app, so the Siri face isn’t an option until it can get calendar data from other apps, which is a bit annoying.

Thankfully the outlook app is really good and the Watch complication isn’t too bad (compared to other Watch apps it’s bloody brilliant, but there are so few good Watch apps)

9. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

If Apple open up the Siri face to third party developers then there’s tremendous future potential.
    (Where in Northumberland? Used to live in Corbridge!)

10. KrisLord macrumors 65832

Corbridge is the nice bit, I’m in Ashington, the not so scenic part of the county :)

11. warburg macrumors 6502a

I change watch screens before I go to bed. I like the numeric screen (in red), the one that has only the large numerals for hour and minute, so that that when I wake up during the night I see only the time.

12. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

I have a couple I switch between - explorer, siri and modular - also I like the simple with nothing on it, works great for an elegant distraction free face

13. newtestleper macrumors 6502

I think temperate.

14. Applenoob34 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you?

15. techspin macrumors 6502a

Good point, OP. I change watch faces for superficial reasons, mainly to match the band I'm using.

16. Leica Dad Suspended

Leica Dad

I change in between 3-4 of different watch faces.
    When I test the battery life, I use the one that display battery life in larger complication. When I go to Disney World, I use the Mickey one with Starbucks complication. When I work out, I issue the activity one.

17. artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

I’m too OCD, ADD, dyslexic and lazy (take your pick) to ever change my Watch face. ;)

18. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple needs to open the whole line of watch development faces to developers, not just the Siri Watch face in general. That's been something that's been discussed heavily that if they will ever allow developers to have hands-on with WatchOS. Where the Apple Watch severely lacks, is the variety of Apple Watch faces that could be expanded upon the current ones, which are very good.