Does anyone else feel like Windows (Parallels) doesn´t look good on 13" Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheJing, Jan 3, 2012.

1. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

A few weeks ago I installed Windows Vista and then upgraded to Windows 7 on my Macbook Air 11'6 (2011).

I got back home 2 days ago and decided to do the same on my 13" Pro since it has more RAM and everything.

One thing that I can't seem to figure out is the resolution. Whatever resolution I use it looks really bad. As soon as I move it over to my external screen and change to the screens resolution it looks stunning. Have I got the resolution on the 13" completely wrong? It's 1280 by 800, right?

And also, on my Air, when I wanted to resize the Parallels window, the window would automatically adjust and keep things like they were supposed to be. But on my Pro, when I resize the parallels the things just get stretched out.
    What's up with that?

Finally, is there any way to use Windows in fullscreen without having to sacrifice my other screen? It would be perfect if I could you Parallels in fullscreen on one screen, Chrome in fullscreen on one and skype, spotify, twitter on the third.
    I would appreciate all the help/advice I can get.

Sorry if that was hard to understand. English isn't even my second language. I try my best though.

2. 153098 macrumors member

Did you install parallels tools after you installed windows in parallels? It should fix your display problems.

3. TheJing thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheJing

Thanks a lot. That solved the problem.

4. 153098 macrumors member

You're welcome. Glad I could help.