iPad Does anyone else find it funny how some say the ipad 3 is all of a sudden "flawed"?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I have an ipad 3, and with the exception of some very minor issues ( sometimes when I open a folder it lags a bit, but I didn't notice this until ios6, and some web pages with heavy graphics stutter from time to time) I haven't had any issues at all. Nothing major. My iPhone 5 is a bit faster though.

Everyone seemed to be happy with their ipad 3 until the 4 was announced. It still runs any games I do have fine, and web pages still load blazing fast. I am definitely content waiting for a redesign and the ipad 5.

2. Farplaner macrumors 6502

Not really, I actually find it funny that so many people are so quick to judge others' decisions to buy the iPad mini ;)

3. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am getting a mini. My girlfriend thinks its ridiculous since I already have an iPad 3, but I'm still getting one lol.

4. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

they are not happy because either the feel they need to have the latest and greatest to maintain whatever social status they made up in their own minds or that they cant resell the device for near full price because its not that far off from the new device. See the issue on resale is that there are plenty of people willing to be behind a generation or 2 and then buy used. but since the release of the 4 was so close to the 3 that people would be willing to extend their normal upgrade timeline and wait until there are used 4's around instead of going to a 3 now.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Considering your clear, well articulated, and reasonable explanation for why you are buying a mini, how could your girlfriend possibly think it is ridiculous? :rolleyes:

6. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The desks are small at my college and I'd like something smaller to take my notes with, than my current ipad. I explained this in another topic.

7. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I think the iPad Mini and iPad 4th Gen is the BEST thing that ever happened to the iPad 3!

I bought 3 iPad 3s for various uses in the last 2 days: 1 as a portfolio, 1 to upgrade an original iPad at home, 1 for my girlfriend.

The new iPads made the the iPad 3 super affordable and arguably the best iPad there is! I'm not complaining at all.

I also have a mini on order but I'm not sure how I can go back to the non-retina display? It's like stepping back in time :confused::eek:

8. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I think you are being a little over sensitive and protective of your 3. Just relax and enjoy!

9. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

I'm also selling the iPad 3rd Gen and I will get an iPad Mini.

Why? The iPad Mini is +/- half the weight and has a smaller bezel. This will make it a pleasant device overall. Also, it has longer batterylife.

I'm not a power user and I use my iPad only in bed for browsing the web or watch some video content. I almost never play a game on the iPad. Never did that on any of my iOS devices (since 2007).

I hardly use the device in general anyway. I sometimes take it with me.

iPad 3 32GB + 4G ---> iPad Mini 16GB Wifi.

As easy as that.

Never did that on any of my iOS devices (since 2007).

I've thought about a smaller, lighter form factor before. So it seems this is what I need.

I will also gain +/- 250 eu's from the trade so, yeah. Why not?

10. stevelam macrumors 65816

got it. so if you hardly ever need to use the ipad and barely do anything on it when you DO use it, then get an ipad mini!

11. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

Exactly :cool:. I can't give the iPad up all the way. Besides, it's a nifty device in bed. I'm not a fan of sitting with MacBooks in bed

12. iAi macrumors 6502

Well it does not surprise me. There are way too many people who are born to complain or self-entitled or ignorant about how progress / how fast advancement in gadgets evolve or become obsolete in technology. If you cannot fathom or live by this culture in technology - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT ALL and forever be wishing (instead of enjoying it immediately as soon as it becomes available) you can have the next great thing.

If you need one and have the money, buy whatever your money can get and which will make you happy no matter what. Celebrate and always anticipate (regardless of whatever) the coming of the next big thing!

13. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

It's not that it is suddenly flawed. It's more that it is suddenly "old". I am selling my iPad 3 LTE for a loss and getting a 16gb iPad mini but I will be gaining about 200 bucks for the sale so I count that as a wise decision in these hard financial times.

14. urkel macrumors 68030

It's not that people all of a sudden say the iPad3 is flawed. The iPad3 was always too heavy or too sluggish or too big, so the only difference with complaining about it now is that the loudest and most obnoxious Apple defenders are finally "allowing" these topics by not hijacking threads with deflection and hostile posts that scare away a healthy discussion.

Btw. That's not a criticism of MacRumors. Every forum out there has that small group of aggressive users who feel they are doing "their company" a service by crushing negatove discussion. And that's just sad because the best topics are when people have honest conversations about products they own.