Does anyone else find not much of a difference between the old rMBP and the new one except maybe the

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hieveryone, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

keyboard?

Was in the Apple store today and tried the new rMBP. I didn't really notice a difference except the keyboard.

I loved the keyboard. Very fast to type on and comfortable.

Other than that I didn't notice much difference.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

A lot of things have changed, but to many people none of the changes are valuable.

My 2015 13" rMBP is still an awesome computer and I don't have a good reason to upgrade.

3. hj576 macrumors regular

hj576

Better Screen
    Better SSD
    Better CPU and iGPU
    Better Sound
    Slimmer and Lighter
    Keyboard is subjective
    Better Ports
    Can be bought at a great price refurbished

There, you can thank me later xD

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I disagree on better ports. It's actually more ports. The 2016 model objectively has better ports as they can do more.

5. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

Didn't even notice the better screen, didn't notice a better SSD browsing the web and opening apps. In fact it felt slower opening apps. Didn't notice faster CPU or GPU. Played songs, still didnt sound that great bc not enough bass. But it was better than the older rMBP. Didn't notice it being lighter or slimmer but did notice a smaller foot print. Loved the keyboard. Didn't notice many ports except headphone and a couple USB-C but 1 was taken with power.

And yeah refurb price might be good.

6. hj576 macrumors regular

hj576

SSD is crazy fast,
    And CPU and GPU faster on benchmark

And well I havnt compared the previous speakers and new myself, but saw on a video and they sounded night and day apart when it came to clarity.

Anyways, every thing i mentioned is on paper, Real life experience may vary

7. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I have tried the machine in person and the display is noticeably better than the older models as week as the speakers.

8. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah speakers are better but still not enough bass. I would still need to hook up to a speaker via bluetooth.

Also, didn't notice the screen. It was nice, but am now on older mac and it is nice too. Can't tell. Maybe if I had them side by side.