Does Anyone Else Think Their 6 Feels Cheap?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Burrstone, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Burrstone macrumors member

The 6 is my 4th iPhone over the past 5 years. Every year I am amazed by the design, the metal and sides on the 5s were my favorite. I canceled my 6+ pre-order and picked up a 6 on launch day after playing with both phones and deciding the 6 was better for me. I don't regret that at all and feel like the 6 is the perfect size and what I've been waiting for.

I was excited to hold the new phone ad I'm amazed each year, but this year it just kind of feels cheap. The aluminum on the backs feels like plastic and sounds like plastic when you tap it. ...and there's just something about this phone that feels lika a Samsung. :(

If they re released the 5s with a 4.7" screen I'd be first in line!

2. wassup121 macrumors regular

It feels like a Samsung Galaxy s4 to me. Whatever I'm still gonna use it every 4 minutes of my day and be fine with it.

3. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

At first glance I thought it looked cheaper too. But I love how it feels in hand and the slimness and weight.

Not as pretty as the 5S but it's growing on me. Wish they would do something with the front, not much has changed there, ever. The 6 kinda reminds me of the first iPhone.

4. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

I don't think it feels cheap at all. I'm a fan of the aluminum casing.

5. deviant macrumors 65816

same feeling after trying iPhone 5 after the 4s, and iPad air after iPad 3-4. they became a lot lighter, the aluminium sounds .. like it's empty inside. but i guess it's just the way physics work.

6. Burrstone thread starter macrumors member

That's what I thought. I'll continue to use mine as much as you but I won't be okay with it... :D

7. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

agreed. when the 5 first came out, I was used to the weight of the 4 in my purse and could always tell if my phone was with. with the 5/5s I have to LOOK in my purse now to see if it's missing. Just an adjustment period.

8. Burrstone thread starter macrumors member

It's not that smaller and lighter feel cheaper to me, my 5s felt much smaller and lighter than my 4s...

I think I would've been happier with more of a metally feeling to the back or going back to the glassback!

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you want cheap feeling, go back to the 3G/3GS. Plasticky, light and poor fit and finish.

10. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I'm coming from the Samsung Galaxy line... so I'll let you guess my answer :cool:

11. Rockies macrumors 6502

What he said.

12. Burrstone thread starter macrumors member

No thank you, & I never used the 3G/3GS...

13. phx macrumors member

14. Burrstone thread starter macrumors member

Jeezus, :apple: is making phones Samsung customers like. :( I thought it was bad...

I joke I joke... I kid I kid... :D:cool:

15. Jspiegs macrumors member

Jspiegs

it's all about making it thinner and lighter. it's gonna give it a cheaper feel. i didn't notice that though. one thing i do notice is that it's so light i keep checking to make sure my phone is in my pocket!

16. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

[​IMG]
    Seriously dude? Go to T-mobile or AT&T and pick up a Galaxy S5 or Galaxy S4. Plastic LCD Cover, Plastic Bezel, completely bendable plastic back plate. And the iPhone 6 feels cheap? I am seriously at a loss for words reading some of the crap that people are writing on this forum. I'd like to say I'm shocked, but for some reason I'm not....:mad:

17. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

First sighting at Apple was that it did look cheap. I need to see it again this weekend.

18. Burrstone thread starter macrumors member

Seriously dude! I'm entitled to my opinion, as are other iPhone customers.. If you don't like it don't read the posts!

19. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Idk I think its actually quite solid. The 4.7 inch iPhone seems very sturdy and solid, no hollow back, solid metal sound when you tap on it, rock hard solid buttons, the phone feels amazing

20. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

You are entitled to your opinion, just stating that you sound like an idiot complaining that the phone seems cheap.. all good

21. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No wonder why you think the 6 is cheap, as you haven't experienced the much cheaper feeling plasticky 3G/3GS.

22. Burrstone, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

Burrstone thread starter macrumors member

Make you look like a fool and get banned, or... .goodnight...

23. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

When I felt my friends Iphone 6 Plus, it felt like that aluminum that HP uses on their laptops which is a pretty cheap feeling but the device is beautiful. :D