Does Anyone Else Think Their 6 Feels Cheap?

Burrstone

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Long Island, NY
The 6 is my 4th iPhone over the past 5 years. Every year I am amazed by the design, the metal and sides on the 5s were my favorite. I canceled my 6+ pre-order and picked up a 6 on launch day after playing with both phones and deciding the 6 was better for me. I don't regret that at all and feel like the 6 is the perfect size and what I've been waiting for.

I was excited to hold the new phone ad I'm amazed each year, but this year it just kind of feels cheap. The aluminum on the backs feels like plastic and sounds like plastic when you tap it. ...and there's just something about this phone that feels lika a Samsung. :(

If they re released the 5s with a 4.7" screen I'd be first in line!

wassup121

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2010
It feels like a Samsung Galaxy s4 to me. Whatever I'm still gonna use it every 4 minutes of my day and be fine with it.

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
At first glance I thought it looked cheaper too. But I love how it feels in hand and the slimness and weight.

Not as pretty as the 5S but it's growing on me. Wish they would do something with the front, not much has changed there, ever. The 6 kinda reminds me of the first iPhone.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
The 6 is my 4th iPhone over the past 5 years. Every year I am amazed by the design, the metal and sides on the 5s were my favorite. I canceled my 6+ pre-order and picked up a 6 on launch day after playing with both phones and deciding the 6 was better for me. I don't regret that at all and feel like the 6 is the perfect size and what I've been waiting for.

I was excited to hold the new phone ad I'm amazed each year, but this year it just kind of feels cheap. The aluminum on the backs feels like plastic and sounds like plastic when you tap it. ...and there's just something about this phone that feels lika a Samsung. :(

same feeling after trying iPhone 5 after the 4s, and iPad air after iPad 3-4. they became a lot lighter, the aluminium sounds .. like it's empty inside. but i guess it's just the way physics work.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2012
same feeling after trying iPhone 5 after the 4s, and iPad air after iPad 3-4. they became a lot lighter, the aluminium sounds .. like it's empty inside. but i guess it's just the way physics work.
agreed. when the 5 first came out, I was used to the weight of the 4 in my purse and could always tell if my phone was with. with the 5/5s I have to LOOK in my purse now to see if it's missing. Just an adjustment period.

Burrstone

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Long Island, NY
It's not that smaller and lighter feel cheaper to me, my 5s felt much smaller and lighter than my 4s...

I think I would've been happier with more of a metally feeling to the back or going back to the glassback!

Jspiegs

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2014
Rochester, NY
it's all about making it thinner and lighter. it's gonna give it a cheaper feel. i didn't notice that though. one thing i do notice is that it's so light i keep checking to make sure my phone is in my pocket!

mylexon20s

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Coral Springs, FL
but this year it just kind of feels cheap. The aluminum on the backs feels like plastic and sounds like plastic when you tap it. ...and there's just something about this phone that feels lika a Samsung. :(

Seriously dude? Go to T-mobile or AT&T and pick up a Galaxy S5 or Galaxy S4. Plastic LCD Cover, Plastic Bezel, completely bendable plastic back plate. And the iPhone 6 feels cheap? I am seriously at a loss for words reading some of the crap that people are writing on this forum. I'd like to say I'm shocked, but for some reason I'm not....:mad:

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA

First sighting at Apple was that it did look cheap. I need to see it again this weekend.

Burrstone

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Long Island, NY
Seriously dude? Go to T-mobile or AT&T and pick up a Galaxy S5 or Galaxy S4. Plastic LCD Cover, Plastic Bezel, completely bendable plastic back plate. And the iPhone 6 feels cheap? I am seriously at a loss for words reading some of the crap that people are writing on this forum. I'd like to say I'm shocked, but for some reason I'm not....:mad:
Seriously dude! I'm entitled to my opinion, as are other iPhone customers.. If you don't like it don't read the posts!

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

Idk I think its actually quite solid. The 4.7 inch iPhone seems very sturdy and solid, no hollow back, solid metal sound when you tap on it, rock hard solid buttons, the phone feels amazing

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
When I felt my friends Iphone 6 Plus, it felt like that aluminum that HP uses on their laptops which is a pretty cheap feeling but the device is beautiful. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.