Does anyone else's phone often have matching stand by and usage times

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, Mar 9, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Happens quite often

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

IF that's the case, it could be that your app is running in the background.

1. do a hard reset by holding the home button and the power button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds until the apple logo appears (ignore the red slider), and see if this fixes the problem. (* the usage time and standby time will appear -- on them if you do this and you will have to fully charge it to get the readings again), i suggest doing a hard reset when your phone is fully charged, also after you do a reset, let the phone sit still for about 5-10 minutes of doing nothing (after you unplug it). Observe the usage and see.

If the problem still persists then go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings (This will NOT delete any data, all this does is resets all your settings). Some people who had the issue like yours went this route and actually fixed the problem.

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I think the software is corrupt. I had to do a full restore from scratch.

4. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I figured it was an app. Doesn't seem to have a lot of battery drain so I really didn't care. I just wandering if it was very common. I do reset and before no time it comes back