Does anyone else's two finger swipe to go back in Safari often not register? (2016 rMB)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by spazma7ik, Jun 30, 2016.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I'm on my second rMB 2016 (unrelated to this issue) and it's working beautifully. It's an m7 configuration so I'm sure it's nothing to do with the power.

On both this one and the previous one it feels like half the time I need to swipe two or three times to get the back feature in Safari to register. My old 2010 Macbook Pro would glide through pages and the softest rub of two fingers and it was great.

I'm not sure if perhaps I'm doing it wrong but I feel as if I've tried everything, sometimes it works perfectly first try and often times it doesn't. I have tried disabling and reenabling the feature and even changing it from default scroll left/right with two fingers to two/three finger swipe and it's the same responsiveness.

Does anyone else experience this or have any tips?

2. rrm998 macrumors regular

rrm998

I've seen the same behavior. I haven't been able to see a pattern. Sometimes its perfect and other times not.

3. poorcody macrumors 6502

poorcody

When I was using a MacBook 2016 briefly the other day, I was running into that. I found doing the swipe "super fast" usually registered it, but at "normal" speed (compared to my MacBook Air), it would sometimes not seem to work.

4. rrm998 macrumors regular

rrm998

5. rrm998 macrumors regular

rrm998

I was using Chrome this morning and the two finger back/forward works perfectly. Maybe it's a Safari thing.

6. polteris macrumors newbie

This has nothing to do with the machine because i have this issue with my MBPr 2015 and MBr 2015. Is safari issue for a long time now