Does anyone feel bad for the iPhone x workers?

brandonnnnnnn

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
TX
They probably could never afford one themselves, yet they produce millions and work like slaves.

Nde

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
They do not make enough in two weeks to buy the silicone case but in their country they are very happy to have to work. In China you either do something like this or they push you back into the country to farm.
Exactly, the fake news kept saying they only make $1-2 an hour. Can these news people stop comparing China wages with American?

dstew201

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2016
They should feel bad for me!!!! Make the damn phone faster next time!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

iphonemonstah

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2017
I feel badly for anyone in any country (be it the US) that isn't making enough to afford the things they want or need in life. I guess I don't know the situation in China well enough to comment but if $1-$2 an hour is good there then Id assume they are happen, regardless of whether they can afford the item they are producing. Ferrari engineers may not make enough to afford a new ferrari but that doesn't mean they're not making handsome amounts and can afford a comfortable life in italy. So it really depends on the financial structure of China.

Reactions: haruhiko

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
I feel badly for anyone in any country (be it the US) that isn't making enough to afford the things they want or need in life. I guess I don't know the situation in China well enough to comment but if $1-$2 an hour is good there then Id assume they are happen, regardless of whether they can afford the item they are producing. Ferrari engineers may not make enough to afford a new ferrari but that doesn't mean they're not making handsome amounts and can afford a comfortable life in italy. So it really depends on the financial structure of China.
Let’s assume someone that sees “millions” of these phones even wants one. I’d probably be sick of iPhones if I sat and made them xx hours a day.

Jjayf

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2015
Don't feel bad for them because they can't afford an iPhone. Feel bad for them because they are children and should be in school or outside playing instead of being locked in a factory and forced to work because their parents sold them..

Reactions: vannibombonato

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
They probably don’t mind so much, better than the alternative, not that anyone in any country would complain if they got a bit more.

It’s roughly half of the minimum wage in the UK at the moment. When bloody brexit hits, we’ll probably be getting paid less than them :rolleyes:

But to be honest unless I went there and did the job for a year or so (which I would do) it’s difficult to imagine how the pay/work ratio feels. Compared to our wages, yeah it definitely sucks.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Exactly, the fake news kept saying they only make $1-2 an hour. Can these news people stop comparing China wages with American?
There's nothing fake about reporting what they earn. Can we not attach "fake news" to every story or outlet for reporting a truth you (not you specific) don't like.

The comparison, I agree, is a bit silly. But it's still something as global citizens we should be aware of.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I don't think that inability to purchase an iPhone X should be the standard for when to feel sorry for someone, especially in a developing economy. I'm a solidly middle class American and even so, I don't feel that I can afford an iPhone X.

Nde

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
There's nothing fake about reporting what they earn. Can we not attach "fake news" to every story or outlet for reporting a truth you (not you specific) don't like.

The comparison, I agree, is a bit silly. But it's still something as global citizens we should be aware of.
I would personally consider fake news if the journalist report an event, not repeat an event. It's basic school of journalism. They report, not repeat.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
If a Ferrari engineer can't afford a Ferrari, then he's being grossly underpaid. We aren't talking some wrench monkey or a factory worker, but an ENGINEER!
I work for a large commercial bank that regularly lends tens of millions of dollars to US businesses at rates just above LIBOR.

They won’t even refi my mortgage at those rates.

Does anyone feel sorry for me?

Last edited: