Does anyone forward their mobile number to Google voice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbyssImpact, Jan 3, 2012.

1. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

I was wondering can you forward your number to use your Google voice number on the iPhone 4s? I am currently using a prepaid plan and was hoping to use Google Voice forwarding so I do not have to waste money. When I go to settings, phone, call forwarding, and then enter my number, I cannot seem to get my phone to ring and it immediately goes to my voice mail.

Does anyone have a solution to why I am having this problem?

2. b24pgg macrumors 65816

No but when I'm cheating on my girlfriend I give bishes my GV number so that way they don't know my real # and I can stay stealthy

[​IMG]

3. AbyssImpact thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I use Google Voice a lot, in a wide variety of ways. Very flexible, reliable, and efficient I've enjoyed the advantage of all it's features.

Having a plan with AT&T with unlimited everything, how many minutes I use makes no difference.

5. kulimer macrumors 6502

How could you afford an iphone, but not able to even able to afford your minutes.

6. AbyssImpact thread starter macrumors 6502a

Because the iPhone is expensive. If I buy a cheap flip phone, I can afford my minutes.

7. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

The obvious one is so you're not giving out your cell number to everyone and you have far more control over who calls you and when.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bingo.
    GV doesnt mean free cellphone minutes or calls.
    Lots of people selling on Craigslist use GV so they dont post their real number out there.

9. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I give my GV to people who ask for my number but I don't want to be rude to and tell them no.