Does anyone have a pic of the high res antiglare display next to new Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spaceballl, Apr 25, 2010.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi All,

I'm tempted to just go down to the store and pick up the new macbook right now, but none of them carry the high res glossy display, which would match the cinema display i have perfectly, both in terms of glossiness and color. I'm curious if someone has pics of how the antiglare display looks with the cinema display. Do you notice that one screen is glossy and the other is anti-glare? Do you wish they both matched? Thanks!

2. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

Go get a AG it matches my wide gamut NEC 30 inch very nicely. Color is slightly off compared to a extremely well calibrated wide gamut display but I had a glossy 15 in and i like the AG better. If anything the MBP is slightly cooler in look compared to the NEC calibrated . Now I use a special calibration tool for the NEC that I can't use on the MBP but I still have a Eye One that I could calibrate but honestly i run all Images on the NEC anyway. Just when I am on the road i use the MBP for that work. I just shot a job and processed on the road and frankly it looked damn good when I got home and viewed them on the NEC. BTW I was against getting the AG at first but in the end glad i went for it plus no waiting.

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Cool story, Hansel. Was curious about the Cinema Display though ;)
    yep that's the draw

4. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Nope been using the dual monitors for a few years now and I use the mstand for dual screen action!

Thanks for the link! In any case, I decided to go w/ the glossy screen... CTO order has been placed!

6. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

So that the screens will match or because you think youll prefer glossy?

7. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

BOTH. I know I prefer glossy.

I was just getting antsy and thinking it would be easier to go to down to the apple store and pick one up tomorrow. Plus, I was going to put in an aftermarket SSD, but i figured I would take Apple's warranty and go w/ the 512gb CTO SSD.

8. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Dosent that thing cost as much as a 13" MBP? haha