Does anyone have a problem ordering iPhone 5s from Hongkong?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tob866622, Sep 26, 2013.

1. tob866622 macrumors member

Hello

On the 20th I decided to order an iPhone 5s from Hongkong apple store and it managed fine until the next 2 days. Apple store hong kong contacted me via mobile and said that my order might be canceled because my order was beyond the quantity limits. Then I asked the customer service lady, is there anyway to purchase one for sure from the apple online store. She said no, so i asked her if I ordered more from another credit card to ensure a purchase and she said maybe that would work but there are no guarantees. So I decided to order 1 Black and 2 silver iPhone 5s (the quantity limit per person is 3 but I use different credit cards and names for each purchase. And about a couple hours later I got an email from the Hongkong apple store.

Apple Store
    Unlocked iPhone 5s Quantity Limits
    Web Order: W426520794

Sales Order: 2464419918

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPhone 5s order at the Apple Online Store.

While we appreciate your interest in iPhone 5s, Apple is unable to fulfill orders that exceed the quantity limit per customer.

Your iPhone 5s order has been cancelled, and you will not be charged.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.

Sincerely,

Apple Online Store Team.

Then I called and contacted them to ask them specifically why it was canceled and they said orders were exceeding the quantity limit per customer
    but I ordered only 3. So they asked for my order number and they seemed to have resolved one which was the black iPhone 5s. And a couple of days later I called them again to ask them about the other 2 silver one and they said they would get back to me within 2 days by via email. And today was the 2nd day and nothing. I'm very frustrated by this. I had to call in about 3-4 times to resolve everything and still nothing has been confirmed. Does anyone else have a problem similar to this? Or do you have an suggestion to resolve this issue. I purchased an iPhone 5 in UK before completely no problem.

2. Ricky888 macrumors newbie

You have been banned for order iPhone 5s.

Apple suspects you are ebay addict.;)

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yep! This is Apple, not some fly by night organization, they are wise to such things and your using difference names and such to make the orders doesn't change the fact that your IP address and other factors give away that the same person is trying to get away with ordering many phones.

You're not going to fool them and you're not going to get much sympathy on this board, because many here are still trying to get their hands on just one iPhone 5s and would never dream of trying to game the system.

4. tob866622 thread starter macrumors member

But I am buying it for my own personal use. Is there anyway to order the phone?

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

They've obviously flagged you for suspicious behavior, so no! That's why this is happening and it's not working.

No one, including Apple, has proof that you're only ordering for personal use….if that's the case, why do you need 3 of them?

It just smacks of someone being up to something.

I'm not saying that you are, I'm just saying that's why you've gotten cancelled and had other problems ordering.

6. tob866622 thread starter macrumors member

Well the limit per customer was 3 so I was planning to surprise my sons and daughter with one each and waiting for the next queue for my self.

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Using different names and cards is most likely what flagged you in the first place, that's generally considered to be fraudulent and suspicious behavior.

It may be generally consider okay and normal, in your culture, but Apple is a U.S. based company that has to pay attention to this type of thing.

8. tob866622 thread starter macrumors member

I use one card for 1 Black iPhone 5s and another one for 2 White iPhone 5s. It's because I couldn't buy 3 at once

9. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Once again, your reasoning for doing it doesn't matter. It was suspicious behavior and Apple has flagged you for it.

No one on this board is going to be able to do anything to change that.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I don't think he is looking for anyone on this board to change that. He very clearly wanted to know if anyone had a similar occurrence in the first place. And if so, how they resolved it. Or suggestions resolving it. Fair question, IMO.

11. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

What I meant is that no one is going to be able to provide that, he's clearly raised a red flag with Apple.