Does ANYONE have a successful way of canceling your AT&T order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wishman35, Jun 21, 2010.

1. wishman35 macrumors regular

I have tried calling 1-866-499-8008 multiple times, you cannot even get through to the Order Support as they "claim high call volume" and then hang up.

Does anyone know a way of doing this ? It is criminal that they have basically shut off any way of allowing us to cancel these orders when they haven't even changed our contract dates/shipped them or anything.

Don't flame me for why I want to cancel, but when I have a reservation at the Apple store that guarantees me a phone on Day 1, and us Premier people may get bumped back to next week, I am going to just get the phone at Apple.

2. wishman35 thread starter macrumors regular

Nobody? Plus an ATT Rep just told me that all of us are not going to be getting the phones on the 24th.

If you are still backordered, and want the phone this week... I would turn to your back up plan

3. ipodcolor macrumors member

On the first day of pre-orders I managed to get a iPhone at AT$T. At 10:30 PM ET, I managed to get an iPhone from Apple to deliver on the 24th. Decided to cancel with AT$T, knowing how unreliable they are, and was put on hold for an hour. I finally got connected to the 499-8008 number and canceled.

4. pugnut macrumors 6502a

If you order is in process I would not cancel-if you have a reservation I would simply go to the store and add another number them swap out-then return one of them.

If you cancel you will need to ensure that you do not lose your upgrade status-it may take time to be reflected back in the system.

5. wiestlingjr macrumors member

I'm in the same boat.. Ordered at AT&T, then managed to reserve one at the apple store. I tried to cancel and AT&T told me they couldn't until they recieved the phone, which means I used my upgrade and would have to pay full price at the apple store. If anyone has a suggestion let me know.

6. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I called this number last Thursday and was able to cancel my order very easily: (866) 391-0749.

7. cooljoe349 macrumors regular

cooljoe349

8. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

This is what the manager told me. If the order is processing or farther along, it can't be canceled until it is delivered and returned.

9. wiestlingjr macrumors member

Rwilliams, did they cancel easily? And did you get your upgrade back?

10. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

11. wishman35 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah but the upgrade HASN'T been used yet because when you go to the online store or to the regular store I could still upgrade today at the subsidized price if I want to.

Many of us HAVENT had our contracts extended or anything, but because of their lack of modern cancellation services... many of us are going to get stuck with a phone that will ship out on Thursday or Friday and then end up losing our upgrade status once they ship and will be unable to purchase on Thursday

12. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I cancelled my order today through the Premier number. Call and select the option of returning your order. I asked the operator if I am still eligible to get the phone at the Apple Store at the discounted rate even though I ordered through them. He said I'm fine in that the phone didn't ship and didn't get activated. Call and cancel if you have a reservation. The whole Premier thing was just a headache. I also called Apple and asked ATT rep: Premier FAN Accounts are GOOD TO GO on upgrading through apple.

13. wiestlingjr macrumors member

I have one reserved, but when i look up my eligibility, it says it cannot process the request at this time.

14. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

If I had to guess, I'd say you're phone is probably going to get there on the 24th. It seems like your order is further along than you think.

15. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Oh yeah, the cancellation took about 5 minutes to complete. And I'm going to be a first-time AT&T customer come Thursday, so there was no upgrade for me to worry about. I actually called them back today to make sure that they hadn't signed me up for a contract that could cause problems on Thursday, and they had not.

16. wiestlingjr macrumors member

Well your good to go then.. I'm just worried about getting my upgrade eligibility back.

17. wishman35 thread starter macrumors regular

This doesn't help most of us since you are a new regular customer. Its those of us that are supposedly "Premier" customers that have gotten the shaft.

18. wishman35 thread starter macrumors regular

Where is the return option when you call? Didn't hear that option at all...

19. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I'm a bit of a smartphone addict, I order a few phones each year from AT&T. Over the years that I've been a customer the service I've received has been great. When I change my mind & decide to cancel, I just wait until the phone arrives, call for an RMA & free prepaid labels. Easy.

20. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

Call Premier
    Press 2, then 3, then 2 (you might have to listen to the options)

21. wishman35 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think we are worried about the ease of returning the phone, I have received great service as well (sadly it comes down to the good english they speak)...

But most of us are wanting this phone on day 1 .. no matter how lame that is ... and if we wait until ATT ships, we will have lost our upgrade and will not be able to go to Apple on Thursday to get a phone unless we want to drop $499.

It would just be easiest to rid ourselves of our premier orders so those of us with Apple Store reservations can go on Thursday