Does anyone have an email from Apple regarding the RAM price drop on a new iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bcraig3, Apr 30, 2010.

1. bcraig3 macrumors newbie

bcraig3

I ordered a new 27" iMac from Apple this month, and I received an email from them prior to receiving the machine that there had been a $200 price drop in the ram. I also believe that the email said that my final price would reflect the savings.

I just checked my online invoice, and it still shows the higher price. I called Apple, but I'm 2 days past the 14 days from when they shipped the product and they will not adjust the price for me.

Am I hallucinating about the email? Like a dumb-a@@, I seem to have deleted it. The apple rep told me that sometimes apple will notify customers about a price reduction, but that you have to call to get the savings; it is not automatically applied to the purchase.

If anyone bought a Mac this month and has a copy of the same email, I'd love to know the details.

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

:apple: Apple Store Sales and Refund Policy

From the above it looks like you waited too long, but it probably be worth calling the number and seeing if they would honor the lower price.

3. bcraig3 thread starter macrumors newbie

bcraig3

Thanks...I tried calling, but not luck. I'm several days too late.

They said they don't know anything about an email going out in regards to the price drop. I'm hoping to find another new iMac owner who still has a copy of that email so that I can find out exactly what it said; I accidentally deleted me when traveling.

4. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

5. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

If there was a price drop, then it would be shown in the online sales store. I'm guessing you maxed the ram, so check the price for max ram in the apple store. if it's still the same as what you paid, then there's no price drop.

There hasn't been much movement in RAM prices lately anyway. Apple's RAM prices are a lot more reasonable than they used to be.

6. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999