Does anyone here use FlowJo?

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
I was just wondering if anyone here uses FlowJo for flow cytometry analysis. I am looking to getting away from CellQuest Pro. I hate that program with a passion. Is FlowJo much better? I heard the batch option is to die for. Also, is the post-acquisition compensation all its cracked up to be? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

drealle

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2007
FlowJo

FlowJo is so much better than CellQuest. Batch analysis, post-collection compensation, histogram smoothing and overlays, easy export, groups, batch gate application, etc. I highly recommend it. You need a serious Mac (high end iMac or Mac Pro) with lots of memory. Save often as it sometimes unexpectedly quits quite often, but overall a great product. A free 30-day trial is available on request. Dongles go for about $1400.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
it's quite good but takes some time to get used to. it's sometimes counterintuitive. but once you get it you can do powerful analysis quite fast.

havn't tried post aquisition compensation. i can imagine it works only with data from full digital cytometers.

HDLconsulting

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012
Macbook air

Hi,
Has anyone used a MBA for flowjo analysis? I typically acquire 500,000 events on 20-30 samples. My i7 PC dies!!! with this. I know flowjo was designed for mac so I was wondering if the MBA could handle this?
Thanks!