Does anyone keeps iPod Touch 5G on iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FeliApple, Apr 12, 2015.

1. FeliApple macrumors 6502

I still keep my iPod Touch 5G on iOS 6, which I bought in 2012 and will never update. I also have an iPad 4 which I updated to iOS 7.1.2 and I strongly regret (that's why I'll keep it on iOS 6)

It works flawlessly and runs every heavy app perfectly (Compatible with iOS 6.) The main reason I don't want to update is I love the iOS 6 design, and I've had some problems with my iPad on iOS 7.
    Do you keep your iPod Touch 5G on iOS 6?

2. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I bought my iPod touch with the intention of keeping it on iOS 6, but had to have it replaced due to an issue with the display. The replacement came with iOS 7.0.4, so I've kept it up to date ever since. I don't like the newer iOS though.

3. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

My iPhone 4 will forever remain on iOS 5. I don't trust the performance hit will be very forgiving if I updated. So, same idea, basically.

4. BigfootMN macrumors newbie

I tried to keep iOS 6

I tried to stay on iOS 6 with my iPod 5G, but ultimately there were too many apps that would not load or kept asking to be updated and would lock the screen. No, I do not like the new "look and feel" of the GUI and would rather go back to iOS 6.:( My wife's iPad Mini is still on iOS 6 and am not sure when (if?) we will update that).

5. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

and do you run any app on it? :rolleyes:

Quick example: Spotify lastest version: Requires ios 7.0

6. FeliApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I have an iPad and an iPhone. I use my iPod as a camera and for music, and perhaps for a little gaming when I don't have my iPad with me :)

7. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

Got it, you don't stream on the ipod. Its me who needs an iphone! :D