Does anyone know how much Apple charges to replace the Top Casing of the 15" unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Azadre, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Azadre macrumors 6502

Does anyone know how much Apple charges to replace the Top Casing of the 15" unibody MBP? I found a dent that is preventing the bottom case from being flush with the top casing, and I couldn't easily bend it back. The other side of the top case also has some deep scratches from metal on metal contact from a long time ago.

2. Frankydan100 macrumors regular

Frankydan100

Dunno sorry mate but if you check eBAY then you can buy the casings and replace them yourself if your confident with that. Sure it would be astronomically cheaper that way too mate.

3. Azadre thread starter macrumors 6502

ifix it is like 300 and says it is a difficult repair. Boo. I think I want to wait until the new iMacs come out and I will just upgrade.

4. Frankydan100 macrumors regular

Frankydan100

Yeah I can imagine it being quite difficult, dont think id wanna try it myself.

Bet you'd still get a good price when you sell it and then you can put that towards a shiny new imac..... Problem solved.

5. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

Go the Do-It-Yourself route. My top cover was scratched pretty bad and Apple quoted me $1200 to replace it.

6. Azadre thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, for such a minor seeming repair, I think I can just stomach not having it repair.