Auto Does anyone know make and model of car is used in all of the demo photos on Apple's CarPlay website

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by stanman64, Jan 22, 2016.

1. stanman64 macrumors 6502

stanman64

Anyone know what make and model of car is used in all of the demo photos on Apple's CarPlay website?

http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

I would buy that car just for that sexy dashboard. It looks fantastic IMO. Simple yet elegant and extremely functional.

2. Jukens macrumors regular

VW

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

As Jukens said, VW. That is a Golf/GTI/R. Got a GTI myself, but wasn't patient enough to wait for a 2016 to come out, so I don't have CarPlay. Still love my 2015 though!

4. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

VW's have a nice dash, but if you step up to an audi, it is even better.

5. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

if you then step up a BMW it's even better-er

6. stanman64 thread starter macrumors 6502

stanman64

Think I'll need a step up in salary beforehand.

7. JT2002TJ, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016

JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I've never heard anyone liking a BMW dash over Audi... Power of the BMW engines, yes, but never the dash.

I think BMW's Red DIS looks aged, my Audi has a beautiful colorful DIS, even at an '08, passengers think it is much newer...

8. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

the way Audi uses plastic in my opinion is not as appealing as BMW, who tends to not use as much black plastic, and if they do, very inconspicuously.

I'm talking about X5 vs Q7 level.

at the basic 3 series vs. A3/A4 level I'd say they're on par.

9. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

My 2008 A4 interior:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At night with my aftermarket air vent boost gauge:
    [​IMG]

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

11. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I am a huge fan of VAG interiors... (Volkswagen Audi Group) They just do it right...

12. aldrinjtauro macrumors regular

Yeah, BMW's ConnectedDrive iDrive screens aren't too good either. They're functional, but I find it hard to use while driving, due to the strange rotating wheel navigation, as well as the complex UI.

13. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

I have the new A4 with CarPlay - having toyed with (and driven) getting an X1 or X3 for the past few months, I can safely say the interior destroys anything those BMWs are offering right now

14. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

It has for a while... But die hard BMW fans will never admit it. BMWs are far more fun to drive (in perfect weather), Audis are far more fun to drive in wet/snow (to me FWD audis are just mistakes) and Audi has a better, well thought out interior.

15. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Would agree with this. The new model feels like they've stepped out of the race to make the best car to drive (handling wise) and instead focused on comfort and refinement. They've succeeded brilliantly. Materials used are top quality, very little cabin noise, powerful processor in the MMI unit, touch sensitive physical buttons, crystal clear displays ... it all makes a lovely driving experience.

16. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

Imo, the current F3x has inferior design compared to E9x in terms of material and design. Yes, E9x had quirks (iDrive hump, etc), but I love the use of organic lines and generous amount of wood (I'm a "wood" person...). I wouldn't say it looked sporty or edgy, but at least it felt pleasant in a relaxed way. I've always thought Audi interior felt a bit cold and stark, which I believe is German charm. But at least for this generation, B9's interior trumps F3x. It looks classy and futuristic while also keeping that , well, cold German charm. Out of all the compact sedans, I like the W205's interior the most. I love the smooth waterfall dash, and it's got wood! I don't know why but I like looking at the door panel with red leather and ashwood trim. Something about it is very aesthetically pleasing...