Does anyone know of a PCI Video Card with adc support, for a G5 2.0?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by digitaldrip, Nov 6, 2007.

1. digitaldrip macrumors newbie

I currently have a G5 2.0 with a ATI Radeon 9600 XT AGP, which I have a 17' ADC & 23' ADC. I have one more 17' ADC I would like to hook up through a video card in the PCI slot, but I cannot locate any video card that accommodates this. Thanks for your help! :confused:

2. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Doesn't exist. Sorry. To my knowledge, there never was any ADC support on any PCI card. All that ADC is is just a DVI signal with power; my understanding is that the PCI bus can't support the power requirements--or it could simply be that there was never a demand. Worst case, you can get a ADC->DVI adapter, as long as you're not using one of the CRT displays that use ADC, which aren't compatable with the adapters. :apple:

3. digitaldrip thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply! Looks like I'll have to buy an adapter... Thanks!

4. admiraldennis macrumors regular

I don't believe any PCI cards with ADC support exist, due to technical limitations (ADC carries DVI video, USB, and 100w of power in a single cable).

The solution is to buy a PCI video card with DVI out and a DVI -> ADC converter box. You should be able to find both of these for a fair price on eBay.

As for video card choice, the Radeon 7000 PCI Mac edition comes to mind. It supports two simultaneous outputs, has DVI / VGA / S-Video out, and should be pretty cheap on ebay.