Does anyone know of any O2 or CPW Stores that have 16gbs in stock now???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Random hero, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Random hero macrumors regular

Random hero

Or am I totally wasting my time ringing round,

Your success stories are greatly appreciated

2. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

I believe ALL 16GB are gone and were gone within an hour or so yesterday as most stores had really lowly amounts - even the 8GB ones are pretty much gone at O2 and CPW stores - its only Apple stores with stock due to them only accepting new customers and not doing upgrades.

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Yeah, I was in looking for a dock this morning and the woman said they'd sold out as a company.

4. Random hero thread starter macrumors regular

Random hero

Tell me about it, been ringing around this morning, finally tried a Apple Store,

"Yes, sir we have plenty in stock, Were not going to sell out today for sure"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Followed by

"Do you know what details you need to bring with you??"

"Actually, im upgrading, Im able to do that with you aren't i??

"No, Sorry"

:eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::(

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I spent a long time in the Bullring Apple store yesterday and most the staff popped round to the nearby O2 shop to get their upgrade handsets :)

6. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Olly did you manage to buy the iPhone? I queued up from about half 9 until 1pm at the Bullring store, but then put my name on the reservation list because I had to leave for work. I rang the store and finally got through just before 8pm last night, and they said that anyone who had their name on the reservation list had their iPhones named and locked in a cage so that it was definitely reserved, and no one else can purchase it. They said that they should be phoning everyone this morning with an update, but I haven't heard from them yet :confused:

7. Random hero thread starter macrumors regular

Random hero

If its of any use the Apple i spoke with was The Touchwood Centre in Solihull,

dont know if thats an option for you, like i said they said they have loads

8. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

I don't think it's a problem getting the phone at the Apple stores, the problem is that they cannot activate them because they had problems with getting the phones activated through the O2 activation system yesterday. I think if you go to any Apple store they will have the stock, but will not be able to sell you the phone if the systems are still down or playing up.

9. BruceEBonus macrumors 6502a

BruceEBonus

You got that right! O2 ... if you want a Cowboy outfit .. dont go to ToysRUs .. just pop down yer O2 store and buy the company.

They couldnt organise a chav-feast at Greggs Bakery .... not a national but an international disgrace.

WHEN will someone sort out O2? When????

Look at my other past posts to see MY experience of a non-iPhone experience and read the Daily Mail to find out bad publicity isnt always a good thing.

Steve (Jobs)?. Sort em out once and for all.

10. Random hero thread starter macrumors regular

Random hero

When I spoke to them they told me they had about 10 terminals running and were doing set ups pretty quickly

11. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I was there from opening time until 4:45 :D

I've got my iPhone, though the SIM hasn't been activated yet.

Everyone who reserved their phones yesterday will get one. I saw them take them all into the back of the shop in big plastic containers yesterday afternoon.

12. Kerching macrumors member

CPW in Selfridges Oxford Street had them this morning.

13. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Got mine today from Touchwood Apple store. Absolutely delighted. In and out in about 1 and half hours. No problems today and the phone is activated and I am texting away, gloating at all my friends!!

14. alFR macrumors 68020

Nice of Apple to ensure that their own stores have thousands of units but undersupply O2, thereby stuffing the upgraders. :rolleyes: