Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
I have the second version of the first gen Airport Express and I am running into problems but I do not want to upgrade it right away if there is going to be a Airport Express that will support 802.11ac since I have the new Extreme and the older Extreme extending wireless connections.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I have the second version of the first gen Airport Express and I am running into problems but I do not want to upgrade it right away if there is going to be a Airport Express that will support 802.11ac since I have the new Extreme and the older Extreme extending wireless connections.

We are a user based forum and do not know if anything is upcoming. Based on Apple's trends with the Express, it is not going to be soon, but I may be wrong. You spoke of problems with your existing network. We are here to help with that, just report back and quote me in the post.

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
The threads I've read here say that a new mini, new ATV, and new express are all in the works for this summer/fall. With a few reports even suggesting boxes that combine 2 of these functions. Should be a fun year!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
There are way better small routers out there with AC wireless what go with the Apple one? Or do you need AirPlay?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.