does anyone know where I can get that type of material for dyi iphone car mounter?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jvmxtra, Jul 28, 2012.

1. jvmxtra, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

http://www.a1ik.com/photos/v/projects/iphone-dock/5B1Q4431.jpg.html

I imagine it's some type of plastic... where would you go get something like that? Lowes? Ikea? I assume the guy made this after cutting the parts himself from bigger plastic?

This is a DYI I want to do and put more descriptive guide(along w/ description in english)..

Attached Files:

2. JoltinJoe macrumors member

Don't know about these specific materials but www.mcmaster.com has tons of materials in a wide selection of dimensions. It's trustworthy: used it almost exclusively for my senior engineering project.

3. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Thanks.. looking into it..

I also talk to the owner of image i posted.. he says material is made out of some sort of acrilic.

4. AMC89 macrumors member

It looks like 5mm acrylic. Should be able to get it on eBay with no problem. We have tons in work so might make one of these. Thanks for posting!

5. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Thanks... yes it looks nice .. let me know how it goes.. I am gonna work on this too.

6. AMC89 macrumors member

I'm going to do mine so it holds the phone landscape. On another interesting-ish note I will be starting the manufacture of birch plywood iPad covers in work