Does anyone like the iPhone 5S more now than our first impressions yesterday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 11, 2013.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I like it way more. My opinion is that it's the best S update ever.
    I rate it a 9 out of 10
    BUT if they added better battery and 32GB standard and the new more efficient and brighter screen display the phone would have been perfect.

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

I think the 5s looks to be one of the best true smartphones on the market right now.

Phablets are stupid, I am hoping Apple doesn't fall for this idiocy. Also, 5c is a ripoff, so annoyed at the pricing. So I think the 5s is the phone to get. Only question is how good will the Google Nexus 5 be.

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

The 5s is the best smartphone and a million times better than any android or windows phone device. That said, it's still not enough to persuade me to upgrade from my trusty old 4S. I'm gonna hold out for the 6.

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Right now the 5S is one of the best smartphone options on the market today.

Only other options IMO are the MotoX and the G2, but those come in 2nd due to the iPhones synergy with my Macbook Air/iCloud.

They did add better battery ;)

5. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

I was hoping for some better camera spec's, and a finger print sensor, and when it was announced/shown, I was pleased. But with a better CPU/GPU with it, It was a no brainer for me in making a purchase coming next week. Only thing, the color champagne was iffy at first, and the more I looked at it, the more comfortable I became with it. iPhone's have always drawn me to them for the design/solid build, and maturity, not to mention the iOS over the competition.

6. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Android support is atrocious. Samsung, LG and others pump out tons of phones, yet once they are released, zero software updates, no support. I think a big number of phones are two major android releases behind. It sucks.

iOS and Apple, a lot to be said for the support and updates.

7. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

I think I'm more likely to buy one now than I was initially. I like the 4 but it is getting slow and I can't justify upgrading to a 4S, especially as I'm struggling with a 16Gb and I would have to be quick to get a 4S in even that capacity, or buy 2nd hand. I don't like larger screens, so I might as well have a 5S instead of the 6 where it is bound to be bigger again. If I waited for the 6 to come out and then got the 5S it would be cheaper, but then I'd be limited to 8GB instead of 32GB and my 4 might not even last another year (got it December 2010 and have used it a lot for internet when I am not calling/texting.)

8. acehorne macrumors newbie

I might be dumb, but can someone tell me if the "home" button is a physical button or not? Do you need to set up the fingerprint sensor to just exit apps? :confused:

I would imagine there are paranoid people that wouldn't like having their device to contain "fingerprint information...encrypted and stored 'in the Secure Enclave inside the A7 chip on the iPhone 5s'" though it's better stored there then at Apple.

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

You do still push the button to exit apps as you always did.

10. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

There are plenty of those people. They are called Alex Jones supporters and narcissist. They somehow think someone out there cares ahout them and their information :)

As far as your question, I am also wondering the same thing. I hope it's a button!

11. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

That's an opinion. I know many people who find phablets to be an awesome device.

12. TWD98j macrumors regular

It's about everything I would've hoped for/expected from an "S" upgrade....same exterior design, but greatly bumped up internal specs.

This IS honestly the phone I've been holding out for since last year when the 5 was announced. It took lots of willpower to resist upgrading to the 5 because of the larger screen and LTE, but since I've been on the "S" cycle from the 3GS days, waiting for a 5S only made sense.

Glad I waited :)

13. terzinator macrumors 6502

No more, no less, but I'll likely get one to replace my 4S.

14. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

I like it a lot more now ive seen the keynote and not just relying on stupid blogs, however I am still waiting out for the 6 hoping it will be a new design, improved retina screen, more mp camera, much better battery, and have lots of cool features i can drool over for another 4 years.

The one thing I do love about Apple is Android stops supporting some phones after like 6 months but Apple is still supporting 3 and 4 year phones.

15. Skika macrumors 68030

I think its a great device and the best S upgrade ever. I wont be upgrading though, my iP5 will last me till iP6 or even iP6S.

16. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'm watching the keynote on Apple TV right now and getting more and more excited. Sure, I would've loved a 128 GB option and a slightly larger screen, but this excitement will carry me through until the 6. :D

17. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

After thinking about how much time I spend to unlock my phone each time, the fingerprint sensor will definitely help. I don't have a 4 digit code. Mine is an actual password so that eats up my time.

18. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I don't think I "like it" any more now than I did.

But let's just say I am more okay with it now. We all wanted apple to pull a surprise out and they didn't. So, now that we've all moved on from that, I am going to upgrade to 5S.

19. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

I was a little underwhelmed after the announcement but after reading and digesting about the internal features, this is probably one the best S updates. I will be coming back to iOS after using android for about two years. The only thing I will miss is a 4.5- 5 inch screen but that's what my tablet is for. I have a LG optimus G Pro now. Its nice but the 5.5 screen is over kill and makes things hard to do one handed.

20. Lord Hamsa macrumors 6502a

I'd say the A7 being 64-bit was a pretty big surprise, and the M7 was completely un-rumored beforehand.

I can't say I have sympathy for anyone who was putting their hopes on any kind of form-factor change - Apple doesn't do that. The "S" series is the same basic form factor as the previous year, but with upgraded internals. Complaining about that is like whining that a patch update for software doesn't contain a couple of dozen brand-new features.

21. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

I like the iphone 5s, but won't upgrade at that moment, I like the new features that the S offers, but I'm looking forward to the new macbook pro retinas and wait for the iphone 6. I'm waiting for some reviews and comparisons and then I would be able to say If I like it 10/10 etc. :D :)

22. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Love it. Can't wait to replace my 5 with the 5s. Getting to the Apple Store early Sept 20th.