Does anyone like Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by cfedu, Aug 11, 2016.

1. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

I know people will vote for Trump just because they dislike Clinton or some other reason "I always vote republican", but are they people on the forum that actually like him. I'm Canadian and can't vote in the election, but if I could it would be hard for me to stomach voting for him. Between being a turncoat, flip flopper and being borderline retarded, how can people like this guy.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't really like him but will vote for him in order to do my part in keeping Hillary out of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

3. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

That would be my only reason to vote for him as well, whereas in 2008 I would have voted for Obama in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity. Clinton seems to have some people that that love her and since the media never brings up her disastrous policies, I think Trump has a hard uphill battle.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

It's a very good question. I know there are some very low information types out there who would gush over anything he says simply because they are easily swayed by bumper sticker slogans, but I don't know that anyone on this site is that bad.

It is interesting how quiet his supporters have been here the last few weeks. One even said he wasn't coming back until November. Hmmm, wonder what has changed the last few weeks to cause that? :D

5. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

Trump opened his mouth? I think Trump could have beat Hillary in a second if he did not go Full Macintosh. I still think Trump can win if he just tones down his rhetoric, he won the nomination calm the **** down. I really though that he would act more presidential after he won the nomination, but what does he do? He doubles down on stupidity.

6. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

My support for Trump is very narrow. In my opinion, the best thing about Trump and my favorite: He has the neocons and War Party freaking the **** out. That’s a good thing.

7. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

I like him. He's got balls. I don't love him, but I hate Clinton.

When the political season started ~18 months ago, the first thing I said to myself was, "No more Bushes, no more Clintons."

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I might like him if he put twitter down and actually approached his rallies with more than off-the-cuff speak. IMO he talked a tough game about competing but in a way he's being schooled by someone who may not be as strong but knows how to work the system light years better and who has the inside support of those who don't like Trump more than they actually like her.

He has some good ideas but needs to change his tactic IMO. Though I saw an interview with him today whereby he said he isn't going to change, he's staying the course with things as they are and that if he doesn't win while he won't be happy, he will be in for a good vacation.

IMO he values winning his way more than just plain winning. I suppose perhaps one could argue that's his ego or that he's in a position in his life that he won't give in on any of his principles for what he's going after here. He doesn't need to cave nor cater to anyone and I suppose he's willing to stick to that principle even if it costs him the win.

I tend to think he's at a crossroads where Ego meets Inexperience. He's got an ego and in some ways, one well earned. I'm sure the last time he was called arrogant won't be the last. Mix that in with he's gone farther than anyone ever expected in an environment totally new to him which does require a different technique and I think he's sticking with what he feels and knows to work as pivoting in the middle of something that's new to him is too uncomfortable.

I like that's he's shaking the hell out of the world of politics and forcing change and new views. I also like that he's finally looking at things through the eyes of America First. Everyone has an agenda personally so that's not a factor for me. The fact that he has stayed on point for years is good too. Looking back at a collection of his interviews over the past 25+ years reveals some of the same thoughts. Of course he's flipped just as any candidate or person does but many points are still the same.

9. iHackPro macrumors regular

Yes, plenty of people like him.

For what reason, I'll never know...

10. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

I'm trying hard to like him but he is making it hard for me and other people to do so, stay off twitter and have just a little bit of self control.

11. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

Well...after that nice incident with DNC 27 year old staff getting "007"-ed by mysterious agent....I think anyone who stands in her way might end up like that guy. In this case, Trump loves to get in her way......I don't think he'll make it to the debate.

12. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

He needs to learn to speak using a teleprompter too.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 11, 2016 ---
    Seems they let the second amendment people handle things. :eek:

13. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

possible. But it's sad...but there are risk to leaking stuff.
    What's the name of that song?

14. steve knight, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

like they say balls are wimpy if you want tough a vagina has balls beat it can take a pounding and keep on going.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

In the end not enough potential voters are liking him for the general election, and the light grows long to fix that. Probably as he wants it, although he has to make his exit feel like it's his call, his way. God knows the media should be thanking him for having thrown hat in the ring, they must be running in the black for a change.

16. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I don't paricularly like him, I will never vote for him. I think there are people that do like him, mostly for all the wrong reasons. I include "because he's not Hillary" as a wrong reason. I'm not a Hillary fan either, but I would love to see the country elect a respectable, moderate POTUS with a clean record and minimal outside influences.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

There are whole groups of people that I instinctively don't trust: soldiers, policemen, and politicians. That doesn't mean I can't like an individual within those groups, but overall I don't trust the personality types that gravitates to those positions. I have a natural aversion to politicians in general, including those on my side of the aisle.

18. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I'd agree that he's now in a place where his inexperience is damaging him, especially when his ego won't let him quietly step out of the way of trouble he's created for himself. And as you said, he's up against someone who "knows how to work the system light years better", something he might not have realized yet, much less something he's figured out how to deal with.

I wouldn't vote for him but I'd let him buy me dinner though

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

For me it's more car salesmen, dentists, political talking heads and mainstream pundits. I try to consider them as individuals but end up thinking the class they're in dooms them to my disdain. Nice for a democrat, eh.

20. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

His last teleprompter speech I watched was improved, but he definitely sounds inauthentic when reading from them.

21. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

He doesn't want the job. He wants the title and branding rights. That's why he goes balls out with idiotic statements. That, and he's an idiot.

22. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Yep. Salesmen. I hate salesmen and anyone who has that same quality, a weird kind of cynical disdain and overt neediness. Some politicians stink of this salesmanship and I try to avoid them.

And, press relations are a combination of the two, and so my hate for them is like a dark cold star.

Soldiers are easy to deal with, and I find most law enforcement fairly easy. We banter, and I try to remind them that they're human and so am I, and I won't get them fired if they find a way to do me a solid.

23. LizKat, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016

LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Not sure he's an idiot but he seems to fall reasonably into a whole cluster of DSM 5 diagnoses. I guess shrinks all over the planet are having trouble trying to stay ethical and not diagnose him from afar. The rest of us look the stuff up on Wiki and have at it: in summary, he's off the wall.

I keep thinking about the thread title. I don't hate Trump, I loathe that he's running since I don't think he's a competent candidate and wonder what motivates him, wonder if he'll drop out or be forced out or just lose. Once in awhile I wonder if he'll win. I can't get to where I can imagine liking him. I don't like Clinton either but I don't like Trump in a very different way. I mean I think he's a poseur. She I think can do the job, baggage and all. Him.... he can't even stay on script when the RNC gives him a few little endorsements to read. Pathetic.

24. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

what does his wife see in him? money?