Does anyone of you have both 13-inch and 15-inch Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maxap, Oct 3, 2010.

1. maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

Hey guys!

My question is as follows.

Currently I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch (late 2008 model), which I really love and use on a daily basis.

For many months, I have been looking for a netbook that could travel with me to different conferences around the world because the 15-inch Macbook Pro is a little bit too big. I spent so much time choosing one, but I just don't like those tiny Windows 7 machines. I had to send back 3 Asus 1018p netbooks, which I didn't like at all: well the size is perfect (however your eyes get quite tired after spending some hours working), but I don't like its feel, Windows 7 and many other things, such as noise it makes.

Could anyone tell me whether it's a good idea to have both 13-inch and 15-inch Macbook Pros? Does anyone of you have them both? Looking at the size, they're almost the same. Maybe I should wait for a possible release of an 11,6-inch Macbook Pro/Air?

Steve, o, Steve, why don't you have a nice 11-12 inch Mac Netbook Pro or something? :)

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

My wife has a 13" MB and I have a 15" MBP. I just don't see enough of a size difference to call the 13" the "netbook" style one.

I think you would be a perfect candidate for an iPad. If you don't think it would be powerful enough for work, I highly recommend holding off until they announce the new MacBook Air's.

3. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

Thank you for your reply!
    I think it is a very good idea to wait until new Macbook Air's/Pro's will be announced... if they will be announced...

4. youngmac macrumors regular

i have the same macbook pro you have, and still love it. it's not worth having 13 and 15. i like the portability of the 13, battery life. but there's really not much difference in portability between the 2.

5. adiddas125 macrumors member

I had the 15" MBP back in 2008 and sold mine on Ebay and bought the 13" Late 2009. The speed difference to me was quite minimal but the portability was better, from my perspective, because any amount of size you can give up while toting around makes a big difference on a day to day basis.

Going from one end of campus to the other with a 13" MBP was indeed nicer than a 15" because of all the books I had along with it. Also the 13" does everything I need it to do. If you are worried about screen size, get a decent LCD for your home and connect it.

13" screen on campus doesnt bother me much since I utilize spaces and expose quite often to get things done productively.

6. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

+1

Doesn't seem like much of a difference, but as a practical matter, the 13 inch is better for portability. And much nicer to sit around with, in front of a TV or whatever, if that's your bag.

That said, I'm considering the 15" i7 for my next upgrade (next year) because of the power.

7. Epic800 macrumors newbie

I have a 13'' MBP and my roommate a 15'' MBP. The significance is quite different in screen size. Though I am not a fan of my 13'' as in screen size (upgrading to 17').