Does anyone sell motherboards?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tjespo22, Dec 20, 2011.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

I want to make my girlfriends phone 32gb because 16gb isn't enough. It's AT&T. Is there anyone that sells 32gb AT&T motherboards?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Generally no, but you may find something on ebay. Apple controls the parts pretty tightly so I don't think there's any avenue other then ebay to find what you're looking for.

3. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

The "motherboard" also known as logic board is virtually the whole phone, as it contains all info about the original phone on that board. Like serial number and UD-ID, IMEI number etc, so it would practically be a totally different phone if you took it out and changed it.

But no, i haven't seen any places that sell them because of that. As it's the main part of the whole phone and would probably be expensive.

What you can do is buy one of those wifi storage devices that are small and fits in your pocket that you can buy up to 32GB and interconnects with the iPhone over wifi, though batter life in those units are just a couple of hours..

So what i'm saying is, look at buying a whole new phone as that is probably easier and cheaper in the long run.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

^^ This. It would probably be cheaper and less hassle to sell the 16GB phone and buy a 32GB equivalent, than to try and mess around with swapping logic boards.