Does anyone seriously believe Trump will be charged with any Russian charges anymore?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, May 4, 2018.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Just want to gauge where everyone is at 2 years into this investigation, does anyone seriously believe Trump will get hit with anything related to Russia? Or just waiting for hopeful perjury trap? Obstruction isn't going to stick because Trump doesn't have to answer questions regarding his decision to fire, plus Rosenstein recommended the action. What is left here? Stormy Daniels from 2006?

2. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

3. 0007776 Suspended

I think the active collusion only went up to his sons. He likely obstruction justice to try to protect them and he may or may not go down for that.

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

From the show Kung Fu, starring David Carradine:

In short, a famous quote from that show: Patience, young grasshopper.

Oh, wait; it's a show well before your time. It is definitely worth watching; it can teach you some hefty life lessons, including one about patience, for it is your generation's penchant for instant gratification that you can not seem to overcome.

BL.

5. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

With the flood of FBI agents having been fired or resigned in the last few months, I’d say something stinks at the FBI right now, so I say no.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

no, their fake Russian Collusion plan to impeach the President has been exposed... come 2024, Trump will be passing the torch.

7. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

They will keep digging till they find something..

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It has long been Justice Department policy that a sitting President cannot be indicted or tried for a crime.

So, no, Donald Trump will not be charged with "colluding with Russia".

Secondly, I don't believe that Donald Trump ever sat down and signed a contract with Vladimir Putin that specified, for example, that Trump would relax sanctions on Russia in exchange for Russian help in the US election. That simply didn't happen, US intelligence doesn't believe that happened, and that is why Trump himself says there was "no collusion" with Russia.

However, that does not mean that a) Russia did not meddle in the US elections (they did); that b) that the US people have a right to know what, if any, conflicts of interest the President may have with respect to Russia and the Russian government (hint - there are a lot), and c) that Donald Trump will not pay any price for his actions, and for concealing them from the American people.

He will.

This much is already clear: A lot of people involved with the Trump Campaign were actively playing footsy with people connected to the Russian Government. Trump himself was aware of this, and not only did nothing to stop it, but actively encouraged Russian computer hacking of Hillary Clinton.

9. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Quite the presumption that these things happened without Supreme Leader’s knowledge or direction.

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well. I think we have the winner of the most wildly optimistic (or at least speculative) thread title of the year.

As mrkramer points out, the collusion probe may or may not go higher than Trump’s boys. If it turns out Trump knew and didn’t report the meeting to the FBI, then he’s guilty too.

Then there’s the very real possibility of obstruction charges. Why do you think Trump is trying to make Comey out to be as big a liar as he himself is?

I know Trump is trying to play the two-pronged game of hurrying the investigation to a close and attacking his accusers, but that’s just too transparent to those of us who are not in the cult.

11. Strider64, May 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2018

Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

I would have to say no. Just liberals trying to waste more taxpayers money and pleasing their followers.

12. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

Yep, because as much as you try and ignore all the increasingly obvious signposts Trump and Putin began a relationship in 2013 (through all the oligarch contacts that Trump had been money laundering for) that culminated in Trump and team refusing to extend sanctions, Putin meddling in the US elections, and many other infractions that together indicate that Trump is acting in Russia’s interests rather than those of the USA.

And he needs to be held to account for all of this. I hope he dies in jail, together with his dreadful excuses for children.

13. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

The real question is;

"Does anyone seriously believe Trump supporters give a crap about anything this egomaniac toddler masquerading as a guy who uses a lot of descriptive words does anymore?"

14. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

lol, do you also include 12 year old Barron in wishing the Trumps dead.

15. Gutwrench, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018

Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Until I see more from the DOJ as of right now this investigation has all the trappings that this special prosecutor was an intentional plan by anti Trump Democrats to mire down and discredit a duly elected President and turn public opinion against him and the Republican Party.

I suspect they felt they’d find something quickly and gain momentum. The FBI and some DOJ leadership appear to have started their work during the election and escalated it when they feared Hillary’s coronation might be in jeopardy; still believing Trump would never be elected they could keep their advocacy hidden with the help of Hillary and her Administration. This pristinely innocent Boy Scout investigation is starting to smell like a dead dog nine days unburied. (Stolen from Mary Oliver.)

I hope everything is true that these Democrats & Never Trumpers have: eluded to, implied, smoked up, cast innuendos on, mired down this country with and it clearly proves Trump was “colluding” with the Russian government and is no less a Russian spy; because if he isn’t and these things were never true then this may be one of the worst anti-American plots perpetrated against US citizens, a duly elected sitting President, and an election process....all committed by partisan Democrats, the hysterical Left, and Trump Haters.

16. vrDrew, May 5, 2018

vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think you are failing to understand the point, and purpose, of the Mueller investigation.

The revelations of the past few months have shown, pretty clearly, that agents of the Russian government sought to meddle in the US electoral process. In 2016 they did so in an attempt to prevent the election of one candidate (Hillary Clinton) whom they saw as being dangerous to Russian interests, in favor of another (Donald Trump) whom they saw as being more amenable (if that's the word) to them.

Do you think that in future elections, that if a Democratic candidate were seen as more favorable to Putin's interests, that he wouldn't do the same thing again?

We might be unable to stop a Russian dictator from trying to interfere in our democratic processes. But there is certainly a lot we can do to thwart those attempts. The media needs to take steps to prevent the dissemination of false or inflammatory information. The voting public needs to do a better job of understanding how foreign actors use social media and other channels to distort issues. And candidates themselves need to be held to a higher standard of behavior when they find their campaigns on the receiving end of illegal foreign interference.

I think we all deserve better than that.

17. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

It is highly likely that Mueller or the SDNY is going to end up uncovering extensive financial criminal activity within the Trump organization. That’s the most likely end game for Trump: a lengthy prison term once he leaves office.

18. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Quoted for posterity. Highly likely...clearly you mean you highly hope so.

And by the way - that’s the old American spirit...investigate a person looking for a crime.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

He may never go to prison for it as rich people always get off. But Trumps organisation is clearly pretty whiffy.

20. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

If Hillary and the DNC never found it... and they were willing to pay people for it... it’s just not there.

The only reason we have “muh stormy” right now? ... Stormy already blew her 130k

21. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Could you rephrase that please?

22. Huntn, May 5, 2018

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Dude... I’ve mixed up your I don’t know Any Russians cocktail. Ready for your consumption. :D

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Or Stormy thinks Trump is a ****. Like the rest of the establishment.

24. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

My understanding that Trump could be impeached and after removed from office be charged with crimes as a private citizen, your pick, things like money laundering or fraud. Am I incorrect?