iPhone X Does anyone still need the home bar to be reminded that’s where we need to swipe to go home?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 601

Hieveryone

I honestly loved it when I first got my iPhone X because it looked really space age to me haha. Thought it look really futuristic and just overall very nice.

But now I just feel like it comes in the way. I’d rather they just remove it.

I know how to go home by now.

2. pika2000 macrumors 603

You know how to go home, but what about those who use iPhones for the first time?

3. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

Is this even an issue? Just leave it alone. It's a visual prompt that many people require, especially when you use the phone horizontally and it gets confused with the orientation it's being held in, so you need the prompt to know which way to swipe! Perfect the software before removing things....

4. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

I totally get what the OP is getting at. I find it rather annoying as well. It should be an option. I find it most annoying when watching something. It stays on the screen for too long and you got a thin white line at the bottom of your screen. World ending? Far from it. Slightly annoying? Yes!

5. Wyckham macrumors regular

Why cant it be a setting to enable only when in landscape or completely off.

6. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

I'm sure if the feature is requested by enough people it may be added in a future update.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

None issue. The bar is there to stay.

8. cableguy84 macrumors 65816

cableguy84

9. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

OMG, the notch, the home bar! I don't know how Apple can even sell these? :rolleyes:

10. XtremeArtists macrumors member

XtremeArtists

It's not in the way. Think about it. If they took the line away, nothing else could go there.

11. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

No, remove it or at least offer a toggle to turn it off. Especially on the iPad Pro. The constant black bar in Safari is so annoying.

12. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

While it annoys you, I do not even remember seeing it and I use Safari constantly!

13. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/is-the-“home-bar”-on-iphone-x-necessary.2126111/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/plz-apple-let-us-hide-the-iphone-x-annoying-home-bar.2085895/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-remove-home-bar.2085868/