Does anyone think that the iPhone 6 will be the most sold/demanding iPhone ever?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 22, 2013.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I believe so
    But besides a bigger screen
    What do you think they could add to it.

I think apple is hiding something innovative

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Nobody can answer this thread seriously. Every iPhone is the most sold/demanding iPhone ever when it comes out. It's a cycle. You have the geeks who camp out for it, people who have way too much disposable income ordering one every year for the whole family, those on upgrade cycles, and people who buy it for businesses/reselling

That combined totals record profits every year.

Apple is like the CoD of Mobile Phones

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

due to it's history, i believe the iphone 6 would be a MONSTER. i'm talking about iphone 4 type of wow factor. it's going to be a full redesign just like the 4 was. hopefully im right.

round edge form factor:
    iphone: metal
    iphone 3G: polycarbonate
    iphone 3GS: polycarbonate

box form factor:
    iphone 4: glass
    iphone 4S: glass
    iphone 5: aluminum
    iphone 5S: aluminum

? form factor:
    iphone 6: liquidmetal? platinum? or carbon fiber?

4. APhillyApple macrumors regular

Just speculating, I do believe that iPhone 6 will be a huge deal. It will be my next iPhone, currently sporting a 5.

5. Stoodo macrumors member

I'm holding out all of my speculating on the iPhone 6s. That's where we are going to really see something!!!

6. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

My guess is a larger screen with a new manufacturing tech, likely liquidmetal. Other than that just your usual OS upgrade, faster CPU/GPU, camera upgrade. Possibly upgrade in memory capacity to 128GB. I would expect Touch ID to be expanded as well with an API allowing other apps access(with Apple taking a cut of sales of course) and integration with Key Chain.

My out of left field item is NFC. That combined with Touch ID would make it an easier to use tech than doing the pin for every purchase that isn't much quicker than just swiping a card.