Does anyone think the iPhone colors are heading in the iPod direction? (Orange, Red)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrackerJackToy, Nov 8, 2011.

1. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

When the first iPod came out, it was just white. Eventually down the line they began making every color you could think of. It is my belief, within the next 5 years, that Apple will begin introducing the iPhone(s) in every color possible. Who else agrees?! I cant wait to snag a Orange one. :cool:

2. SL4VE macrumors 6502

it took apple months to get the white iPhone right, i doubt there be more unless the redesign makes it viable

3. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

I would surely hope not...next you're gonna wanna see coloured macbook pros, iMacs etc?? NO THANKS...black/white is perfect!

Apple's flagship products are supposed to look classy and smart not like a kids toy (nano/shuffle)

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Agreed. It's either black or white. I would hate to see other colors on the iphone other than black or white.

5. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

How long did it take to get the white iPhone color just right?

Anyway, my wife would love a red one. (I just found a charity cause for Apple, $10 of each red iPhone goes to fight AIDS)

6. MayBee macrumors 6502

I hope not....

When it was black color only..it was so boring...EVERY phone was black....

Now, the white comes along...and the white looks like an expensive gadget...it's unique...and different from the typical black phone. The white stands out a lot....and it stands out from the typical black phone...and that's why it's so special to own...and that's why more people want white...because it's different from the other phone.

Go to your electronic store and visit the phone department. All you see is BLACK phone LOL...and then you look over the other corner and you see 1 WHITE phone.... Do you know what I mean?

Adding more color to the iphone make it into a toy instead of a phone. The expensive stuff from Appple...they want it special...and not just another toy color. Therefore, I'm betting that Apple will leave it as Black and White.

Oh, and if you want color, then just buy a color case :)

7. CrackerJackToy thread starter macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

You make an interesting point with the $10 donation for a RED product. I actually remember buying my girlfriend a red/pink (cant remember what it was) for not only the donation they provided, but she appreciated the colored iPod at the time. (Back in 2006 I believe).

I think we will first see a new color such as red, and then a blooming of new colors like the iPod. I understand your point that white/black is a classy approach, however the iPhone IS used by younger kids, unlike the Mac's which is directed to a more younger, yet older sophisticated crowd.

Anyhow, Im still holding out for my orange unit. And I do agree we will need to see a full redesign first.

8. zflauaus macrumors 65816

How about we keep the black and white glass options but instead have different colored antenna bands (or whatever future iPhone designs hold)? It'd be elegant yet have a little kick of flair.

9. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Logistically that would be very difficult, even if they made the non-standard colors "Special Order" there would be the issue of Genius Bar exchange stock.

I think it would be pretty cool if they could use color "e-Ink" technology on the case (under the glass) so that you could customize the case - not only change it to a solid color, but even pictures. e-Ink requires power only to change the image, once it's set there is no battery drain.

Probably still a couple of years away from that :) but it sure would settle the issue of choosing a color!

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Apple's been doing quite well with the standard white/black/aluminum colors on most of their products. I agree that colored iPhones would look a little too tacky. It's okay for the iPods but for their flagship products, it's best to keep them simple. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a limited red one (for Product Red) or something like. In all likelihood, we'll just be getting white or black iPhones.

11. MayBee macrumors 6502

Remember, there are still people who is gonna think the following with different colors...

White = for girls
    Black = for boys
    Red = for senior?
    Orange = for asian only?

hehehe...I do feel sorry for those folks who think color is made for certain groups of people in life.... :)

12. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I don't think Apple will move in the direction of having different color iPhones other then black and white

13. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I don't think so...it would be too complicated. It's already hard enough to keep up with demand having just black and white. If you do colors you'd run into people looking for a red 32GB iPhone, but only having 32GB available in yellow and green, etc. It's a logistical nightmare. It was easier with iPods because the demand wasn't as high.

14. Breezygirl macrumors regular

Breezygirl

I would love different colors especially pink, every time a new iPhone is announced I get disappointed mostly because of the lack of colors.

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

16. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

You do know that the iMacs G3 had multi colors?

[​IMG]

17. Breezygirl macrumors regular

Breezygirl

Thanks Eric for the link, I did that with my 4, would just like that option from Apple without it costing hundreds extra as well as voiding your warranty.....

18. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I agree, $250 is a lot to me, if it looks as good as it does on their site it's nice though.

Not to mention it takes them 3 weeks to complete your order.

19. Mr.C macrumors 601

Not going to happen. It's taken them three generations to introduce white as a second colour. Five generations and it's still only black or white. That's the way it will stay. That said I wouldn't mind a red iPhone.

20. Lepre-con macrumors newbie

I've not ordered from this site, but plan to soon. http://www.cnn.cn
    It's a Canadian site that offers things for numerous phones, but they have glass and metal backings for the iPhones. Since the 4 and 4S only have 2 screws holding the back panel, you could get a different color or style and are only out about $15 or so.

21. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I ordered a new back for my iPhone 4 from that site. The part where the screws went is 100% plastic and broke after a few months.

22. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

yea and we all know how crap those were...show me a current Apple flagship model in skittles colours.

23. Mr.C macrumors 601

Voiding the warranty in the process.

24. hizzaah macrumors 6502

doesn't void the warranty. all you do is take out two screws and slide your old backplate off, slide the new on, and screw it down. Apple could never tell you've done so unless you take it in for warranty work without putting the original one back on..

And they've redesigned most of them to use metal screw posts instead of plastic.

This is a site based out of hong kong though, not canada.

25. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not if you're buying the Touch or Classic.