Does anyone travel oversea with official unlock iphone 4s yet ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4s16gb, Nov 27, 2011.

1. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

Has someone bring iphone4S purchase at apple.com official unlock to oversea insert oversea gsm work yet ? how is it ?

if not travel oversea and use in usa att/tmobile please don't reply this thread

thanks alot .....

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

works fine! wat else do you expect from a factory unlocked iphones or softwares unlocked?:rolleyes:

3. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

fine ?

any signal drop or no signal issue ?

are u serious you are using over sea ?

4. b24pgg macrumors 65816

No, but I took an Apple Store-purchased AT&T Device Only iPhone 4S abroad. Predictably it works perfectly with a foreign SIM.

5. CiccioAtSea macrumors regular

CiccioAtSea

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I do, i'm from italy travelling 4 continents for my job and my ip4s works great in any country:) it is an official unlocked..

6. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

yes I'm currently in vietnam and was in singapore! Yes I ordered it from apple. This thread pretty useless cuz if you were thinking, apple outside of the US sell factory unlocked iphone to local customers such as UK, Canada, France, Germany, Hong King ect... The list can go on and they are all the same designed by apple california assembled in china! Make sense to you? Signal issues are usually from the carrier and not the iphone even you gonna tell me the 4 had the antengate which I never had issue with!

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Don't bother replying to the guy. He's completely clueless

9. yrchern macrumors member

10. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

It all depends on the storage capacity. The 16GB models have no problem where as the 32GB and 64GB models do. ;)

12. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

13. beret9987 macrumors regular

Mine isn't an official unlock, but my Sprint iPhone is good for foreign SIMs. Used it in Canada on Bell's network for a few days, worked great! Makes me wish I had HSPA+ actually :/

14. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

Nope don't think you do!

16. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

17. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I bought mine from AT&T, they unlocked it for free as they always do for me. I've been to my office in London and it works just as well as my 3GS did. My unlocked iPhone 4 never worked reliably anywhere, here in the US, or abroad.

18. iSayuSay, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Seriously iphone4s16gb .. it's really annoying to read your post. I mean your English is hardly understandable. Sure I'm no perfect myself, many mistakes/typos etc, but yours is just really hard to read.

Do you speak English like this daily? Do you use English as primary language? And can your friend/relatives understand you?
    Maybe you should try a bit more harder, use grammar checking etc before you post.
    If I'm not mistaken, you live in states, no? English should be decent at best to make things easier for you.

I know there are rules about we're not allowed to mock other member's English/grammar mistakes, and my English is not exactly good too, but really your English is just almost like a troll. I have to read 2 3 times just to understand.

Plus being clueless & defensive about absurd things like more memory = more battery life on iPhone make things worse and make you even more look like 8 or 10 years old kid. Are you?

19. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

kkkkkkkkkk ....

sound like i have to use google translate when i make a reply

20. lilkangster macrumors member

I am currently working in China and bought an unlocked 4s the day it came out. Had it shipped to my house in Cupertino and got it on Nov 25th and had a Co-worker who was comming here bring it over just yesterday. Currently using China Mobile's crappy GSM network and it works fine. Internet speed sucks, but thats because it doesn't work with China Mobile's 3G network and is still running on 2G. Did not try with a China Unicom's card yet which runs on the CDMA network so I can not tell you if it works on CDMA networks. Will let you know if that works once I find a sim card to try it on.

21. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

i'm willing to bet he's from france... those guys usually aren't really happy about english or to learn it as they think the french language is bigger than english so it's unnecessary to learn according to those frenchies i've spoken too.. pretty absurd if you ask me!

22. lilkangster macrumors member

Or a chinese scalper who is trying to buy some unlocked phones to ship to china. Currently a 16GB iphone4s can sell up to 7000 RMB or about 1000 USD here. I was going to buy one a few weeks back but held out until they released the unlocked in the US.

23. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Whoa that's a crazy price, but I suspect it's still selling out well, huh?
    One thing about place like that, people there get paid much less for their jobs but pay much much more than they should. Oh, well .. life as we know it.

24. lilkangster macrumors member

Yup, there are lots of people in China who view these things as a status symbol and are willing to pay any price for the latest and greatest gadgets. Funny thing is most of these people who buy these things don't even use it for anything but making phone calls and sending text messages. Half the people who I know that own iphone's here have never even been to the apps store to download any apps or even sync'ed it with their own computer. Most scalpers here will preload the phone with a bunch of apps so once you sync it with your own computer those are all gone so people pretty much just use whatever they are given and they NEVER update their os.

25. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

you guy all wrong , china people buy iphone in usa only lock version such ass ATT, so when they bring to oversea they try to unlock software such as dev team or redsnow , so they can sale to who ever doesn't play iphone much , they say that is neverlock and that person just buy it but that was before now everybody know what is iphone

if they buy neverlock version in usa around 700-1000 dollar which is around the same price in oversea , people smart now everywhere , before they buy something first they go to mr.google.com search ....