Does Anyone's iPhone 5 Vibrator Make Noise?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fazzl, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

The vibrator on my iPhone makes a strange rattle after it vibrates. Like right after it finishes vibrating, I hear a slight rattle. It's super annoying when I'm on a call and I get a text, it's very noticeable at that time. Anyone else have a similar issue? It's not a loose battery.

2. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Yes, but I can't replicate it every time. My phone rattles slightly with the same noise when I shake it though so I'm guessing it's just that part that's moving.

It's not a battery issue here either (it's a rattle not a thump), kinda like my 4S, so it's probably just the autofocus thing that everyone was complaining about in previous years.

3. MaC rA mE macrumors member

When mine is vibrating and I give it a little shake, it sounds like it is grazing something. I think this is normal unless anyone else can tell me otherwise.

4. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Mine has a similar sound too. Sort of a loud buzzing sound from the speaker area when the vibrate motor starts up. Its especially noticeable in the ringtone menu under Settings/Sounds/Ringtones if you cycle through the different sounds rather quickly. I tested this out on 3 display models in the store earlier today and they all had the same noise, so I think it may be normal (or defective in every phone).

5. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I read somewhere that they went back to the "noisy" vibrate motor that was in the iPhone 4, as opposed to the better component that was in the 4s.

Ironic that I use vibrate for when I want my phone to be silent, yet it still makes one hell of a noise!

6. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

My wife's vibrator is noisier and it wakes me up at night

:D

7. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Wirelessly posted

Perhaps you use your vibrator too much?

8. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Yeah that's true it was in the iFixit teardown.