Does anyonne elses iphone get REALLY Hot when on the internet for more than 15 min?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vegan TJ, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Vegan TJ macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

is this normal this is my second iphone they sent me a new one after some problems but now this one gets really hot when im on the internet for awhile ..like the screen and the metal ..what should i do ?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I hope your phone explodes for bumping this in only 7 minutes.

And no, it's not normal.

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Mine gets a bit warmer than usual when it's on the internet using EDGE, but not so much when it's using Wifi.

4. Vegan TJ thread starter macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

W/e i am getting the new 3g iphone when it comes out..but i am selling my current iphone to my grandparents ... i will be going to the apple store in buffalo soon to buy a macbook and will tell them about my problem maybe they will give me a new one(iphone)?

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

mine gets warm, but i think all phones i have had get warm with excessive use. it doesn't get hot though.

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You need to call and schedule a genius appointment. You can do it on the apple website as well at your specific store. You'll meet with someone, tell him your problem (best to have your problem ready, so be on EDGE for 15 minutes prior to going). Make sure you do it within a year of buying the phone if you don't have apple care.

7. Vegan TJ thread starter macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

yeah i know i have to schedule 2 appointments one for the iphone and one for the macbook just to learn more about it..and i live about an 1 hour and 40 min away from the apple store i just really want to go to one. heard there awesome