Does Apple get iPhone shipments on Sunday's?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spontida, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Spontida macrumors regular

2. user-name-here, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

user-name-here macrumors 65816

Edit: apparently my response was worded incorrectly (thought OP was asking when the shipments start to overcome demand, which I think is around 2 months after launch) - my apologies. carry on.

3. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Wow that's crazy. So that means that they will not run out of iPhones anymore?

4. magrat22 macrumors 6502

magrat22

They get a new shipment Monday, the don't get shipments of phones on Sunday but there are more coming in stores next week.

5. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Really nice post. Did it make you feel good?

6. metzy25 macrumors 65816

metzy25

I've heard there could be Saturday evening deliveries, to be sold on Sunday.

7. BruiserB macrumors 65816

The lady managing tickets at the store I was at Saturday said there would be a delivery for Sunday morning. She said normally they don't receive Sunday stock but for major launches they do. I doubt it actually arrives Sunday, but at least they hold some back to have fresh stock at store open.

8. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Sunday stock in Apple retail

Anybody find any 5s stock in the Apple retail today? Did they somehow get a shipment on a Sunday?

9. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

My two local stores told me they don't get deliveries on Sunday, but I understand that no one instore actually knows anything about when to expect deliveries or what to expect in them, and that anything they tell you is likely to be an educated guess at best.

10. KPOM macrumors G5

It's worth a shot. As someone else said, they might have gotten a shipment last night after the store closed. For major launches Apple might request special shipments. The stores don't really know until a truck pulls up to their loading dock from the warehouse.

11. nightghost macrumors newbie

Well i went to two apple stores today in morning and both were out of stock.
    I guess monday is when they will have some in.

12. Ian0nline macrumors newbie

I hit up the Verizon store this morning to do an exchange for a silver to grey.
    They must have had some from yesterday, only 32 and 64 in stock.

13. phillytim, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

phillytim macrumors 65816

phillytim

Hit the Apple Store yesterday/Saturday (they received big boxes of space gray shipments that very morning (around 9am)), and today (they came out before opening and said they don't & won't have any iPhone in stock today).

This was a high-volume store, King of Prussia PA.

14. DarkSel macrumors 6502

space gay?

15. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Shipments from what I understand come in Monday through Saturday. My local apple store had 5S phones in stock yesterday morning at 10am (Sprint & Verizon all colors) and got a refresh of AT&T 64g Space Grey by 1pm in the afternoon.

16. BruiserB macrumors 65816

And I went back to the same store this morning and there was no delivery. :mad:

But I was told that online reservations will start tomorrow night. I guess that makes tomorrow morning the last time that I suppose there could be a delivery of non-pre-reserved phones for a while.

17. Spontida thread starter macrumors regular

:D Thanks to the new "pick up at store" option through Apple's online site, we can see if they actually do have iPhone's in stock.