iPhone Does Apple have any intention of bringing public transit information to Apple Maps?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by petrucci666, Feb 18, 2013.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

Apple maps is getting better by the day, but it's still evident that transit information is crucial for a lot of users. Will they ever bring it to Apple maps?

2. joshforman macrumors regular

Why do they need to? Third party apps can do the job just fine and they're actually integrated into Apple Maps already.

3. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

Not really integrated well enough. With google maps I was able to open maps, find where I am, find where my destination is, and find what trains stopped there all from 1 map. Not anymore...

4. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Technically they don't need to, but this isn't an optimal solution. It creates a bad experience for the end user if they have to leave the app to go to another app for public transit info.

Every app developer out there is doing their best to keep users within their apps, why would Apple want to send you to Waze or Google Maps when they can do it themselves?

5. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I hope so, all the app switching with third parties is a terrible experience. Thankfully google maps is back for this very reason.

6. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Thank god Google maps came to the app store. It already integrates transit stops and when the next couple of buses/trains are expected to come within the app itself. I believe the previous google maps on iOS did not include when the next couple of buses/trains were expected to come.

7. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Public transit information can wait. They should fix the more fundamental errors like POIs and Satellite Imagery first, which they're not even doing....

8. el3ktro macrumors regular

el3ktro

Shortly after iOS 6 was released to the public, I reported about 40 errors in my neighborhood. From simple misspellings to long-ago closed locations to wrong icons etc. NOT A SINGLE ONE has been fixed so far.

In the last few years I also reported about 20 errors in Google Maps, all of which have been fixed within a week or so.

I'm really disappointed!