Does Apple Hold Phone at Store if you pre-order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rscott505, Sep 13, 2012.

1. rscott505 macrumors member

I normally pre-order my phone and pick it up at the retail store right at launch. This year, due to commitments I won't be able to get there first thing in the morning So my question is, will Apple specifically reserve a phone for me on launch day at the store that I can pick up any time, or am I out of luck if I get there after 5:00 p.m. and they are sold out?

Any experience or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Based on personal experience, when the 3GS came out, I reserved a phone in-store and didn't go pick it up until the end of the day. It was there waiting for me.

However, Apple tends to change the pre-order/reservation/launch day procedures every single time, so you'll have to wait and see when the fine print shows up tonight.

If you're concerned with missing out, I would just preorder it for delivery.

3. satchow macrumors 6502

When I ordered the iPhone 4 for pick up, they had two lines, one for preorders and one for walk up orders. Everybody who had a preorder was guaranteed one, but if you didn't pick it up that day they'd sell it to a walk up.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

They didn't have store pick-up for the iPhone 4S pre-orders, but they did keep pre-orders seperate from walk-ins for the iPhone 4. You were able to pickup your iPhone until the end of that business day, after that it was up for grabs.